Maglite XL100 Owner's Club

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maglite XL-Series (XL50, XL100, XL200) Owner's Club

Got mine last month, S/N 000016XXX in black. It's my current EDC and has a 2AA anti-roll ring. Currently using Duracell Ultra AAA, but will be using Energizer EA92 or Duraloops as soon as this set is depleted. I'll probably grab a grey XL100 if I can find one.

What about you guys?

Last edited:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has serial number 100000003508.

No, the serial number is formatted like:
XL100 000021243
There's a space after XL100, so if you're going to claim the 100 is part of the serial number, you need to bring the XL as well. Of course, since I doubt they'll just make 1 billion XL100s, and then change over to XL101s, it doesn't seem like the XL100 is really part of the serial number at all.

Mine is, as you may have guessed, s/n 000021243.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, it seems like they've been cranking out a lot of XL100's. I asked Maglite if they could lookup the manufacture date for mine, but they didn't have XL100 S/N's in the database yet. :(

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, the serial number is formatted like:
XL100 000021243
There's a space after XL100, so if you're going to claim the 100 is part of the serial number, you need to bring the XL as well. Of course, since I doubt they'll just make 1 billion XL100s, and then change over to XL101s, it doesn't seem like the XL100 is really part of the serial number at all.

Mine is, as you may have guessed, s/n 000021243.

Well how ever they have it designated, when you take the bezel off of mine, and look just below the orange gasket/o-ring it says, "100000003508" There's no "XL" printed there, just numbers, and no spaces between any of the numbers. It's exactly as I have typed it in. True, the first three digits are "100", and probably stand for model XL100, but I'm just telling you what's printed on my light.

The only place on my light that has "XL" printed on it is around the circumference of the bezel. It says,"MAG-LITE LED XL100 -ONTARIO, CA, USA".

Maybe yours is different than mine.

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well how ever they have it designated, when you take the bezel off of mine, and look just below the orange gasket/o-ring it says, "100000003508" There's no "XL" printed there, just numbers, and no spaces between any of the numbers. It's exactly as I have typed it in. True, the first three digits are "100", and probably stand for model XL100, but I'm just telling you what's printed on my light.
:eek:

Cool, guess they changed the labeling scheme pretty early on. Apologies for calling you out, from my assumption they were the same.

The only place on my light that has "XL" printed on it is around the circumference of the bezel. It says,"MAG-LITE LED XL100 -ONTARIO, CA, USA".
That bit's the same here.

Maybe yours is different than mine.
Yeah, mine is different -- see photo:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
:eek:

Cool, guess they changed the labeling scheme pretty early on. Apologies for calling you out, from my assumption they were the same.

That bit's the same here.

Yeah, mine is different -- see photo:

No appologies necessary! Yup, mine and yours are different. Take away the "XL" and push all the numbers together and that's what mine looks like.

Uriah

Enlightened
I just got one also #100000004299
Now somebody figure out a way to get a glass lens in these things!!!!!
That is the only thing i don't really like about it..

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked into that possibility, but the conclusion is disappointing.

I was on the phone with Maglite for a while today because I noticed a slight smudge on the inside of the plastic window and I wanted to see if I could take it apart and wipe it off. As I mentioned in the review, the head assembly can't be disassembled. I asked them about it, and they told me that the head assembly of the XL100 is similar to the Solitaire's (which I don't own, so I didn't make that connection), and it requires a tool to remove the reflector.

The repair kit isn't available yet, so for those that have an XL100...be careful with the plastic window!! They offered to fix it for me, but I declined the offer because the problem is small and I need the light to be in my pocket for EDC. ;)

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
bought two last mounth one serial is 10000002996
other, have no idea, still in the pack, i keep it as a replacment or a gift, if nessesary.

arioch

Enlightened
Bought one today from Sports Authority (for $49.99!!!!!! :green::eek: ... grumble stupid markup overpriced &$*#;'@ b&m).

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Do I sense a mod coming? :D

I seriously would like to see. I got mine for the intention of modding. After seeing the battery holder I forgot about making an 18500 holder for it.

After some quick tinkering of not being able to diassemble the business end & tailcap I then gave it to my brother. I'll wait till someone else gets one apart, I don't want to throw $40 down the drain.

The front end of mine has four "scratches" inside the tube. At first I thought these were marks from the "retaining ring" being pressed in but now I think those are just marks from the jig that was used to hold the bodies during anodizing. I tried to unscrew the ring both directions without any heat & gave up after not even the slightest movement. I knew it wouldn't be that easy but oh well. :laughing:

Oh and....

XL100 00005608

From Home Depot

Last edited:

F350

Newly Enlightened
SN#100000001213

Using Kodak RNi-Mh 800mAh.
Added cut down Mini Mag 2AA anti-roll, affixed with 3M marine adhesive.
Replaced Plastic Lens with HMC lens fron Lambda Lights.
Reflector grasped gently with forceps around exterior of lower barrel with upward pressure applied to have tabs ride out in grooves of cap.

Light under review as possible replacement for 20 + year old Mini Mags used in inspection at SWFLANT (Strategic Weapons Facility Atlantic)

F350