*HELP* Looking for "streamlights" type flashlights

itsmejaytee

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I've been looking around at different types of flashlights and I have decided that I need a flashlight like the Streamlight like this one. http://www.streamlight.com/product/product.aspx?pid=135

I might end up getting this one but i wish i had more options. The flash light must have a side clicky for on and off like this one. the tail end clicky can be optional to me. Most importantly is the power output and battery life.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know!
Thanks

CDP930

Newly Enlightened
I dont own a Stinger DS but several co-workers, I do have a 7060. They are great lights but plan on one of the switches messing up. On the Stinger I have seen both (not at the same time) stop working after some useage.

On my 7060 if I turn it on at the midbody switch, I cant turn it off with the tail cap and vise-versa. I can almost "lockout" one of the switches depending on how I turn it on.

Other than that they are great lights. What is the intended application??

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The newest version Inova T4-MP is impressive. It is rated at 200 lumens out and I use it during nightly walks in the dark in a rural neighborhood with no street lights. It has a good amount of spill and throws far -- it is like carrying a car headlight. :D

It has a side mounted switch and an internal rechargeable LiON battery which charges inside the flashlight. I am getting just under 2 hours (1h 56 min) continuous use after a full charge.

Made in USA.

creolescorpion

Newly Enlightened
I have two streamlight stingersand love 'em. My FENIX PD30 replaced them during hunting season though. The lil PD30 R2 blew them away.

itsmejaytee

Newly Enlightened
its for personal use and automotive use. I have smaller flashlights for mobility and such but after using the streamlight a few times, i feel that it is a must for me.

because of its size and weight, it is actually an advantage. i can lay it down in various places to shine the light where i need it to be with no problems.

thanks for the suggestions! i would like to see more but this will do for now

itsmejaytee

Newly Enlightened
The newest version Inova T4-MP is impressive. It is rated at 200 lumens out and I use it during nightly walks in the dark in a rural neighborhood with no street lights. It has a good amount of spill and throws far -- it is like carrying a car headlight. :D

It has a side mounted switch and an internal rechargeable LiON battery which charges inside the flashlight. I am getting just under 2 hours (1h 56 min) continuous use after a full charge.

Made in USA.

how does this flashlight compare to the Streamlight stinger? It is rated higher then the stinger in lumens but ive compared my solarforce rated at 300 and the stinger was noticeably brighter and throws much farther.

Has anyone compared the Streamlight Stinger with the Streamlight Polystinger?? it seems to use the same led but the Polystinger is rated a bit higher

steven252000

Newly Enlightened
My work (police officer) provides me with one of the Streamlight LED Stinger Flashlights. Overall it is a good light but I truly dislike the switch on the light. It is very easily turned on while placed in my holster on my duty belt. The switch in my opinion should be like the old regular Streamlight Stinger (non LED) which is recessed. But overall a good light.

Latest posts