best Single AAA ??

bored7one4

Newly Enlightened
I got the Fenix E01 but gave it away since i picked up the Nitecore EZAA. its a great torch but kinda big for a keychain light. Is there anything out there the same size as hte E01 but with higher lumens with a couple of mode?

thanks

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ITP A3 would fit your needs,has 3 levels of lumens and same size as the Fenix EO1,I have both and the EO1 is just for inside use these days.

bored7one4

Newly Enlightened
anything out there the size of the E01 with 50+ lumens? LF2XT seem to be the same size as the ezaa.

JB5

Newly Enlightened
anything out there the size of the E01 with 50+ lumens? LF2XT seem to be the same size as the ezaa.

The ITP A3 EOS is 80 lumens on high and he same size as the EO1. I am still amazed how bright it is with just a single AAA
AAAlights00004-1.jpg

Buckley

Newly Enlightened
The ITP Eos A3 has been my keychain light for some weeks now, and I remain quite pleased. It has a beautifully smooth beam, is bright enough on high to do anything you need a flashlight to do indoors, and the low is perfect for such things as reading a menu in a dark restaurant. The ONLY thing I don't like about it is the M-L-H mode sequence. Nonetheless, for $20 it is a steal!

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Preon I

Beautiful finish, choice of clicky or twisty, sensible L-M-H sequence and a much higher PWM frequency than the ITP.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
The Maratac AAA is essentially the same light internally as the ITP, but it comes with a pocket clip and can tail stand. It's only available from Countycomm.com for a little bit more money.

Geoff

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ITP A3 EOS is 80 lumens on high and he same size as the EO1. I am still amazed how bright it is with just a single AAA
AAAlights00004-1.jpg

Where did you get that nice little biner on your Fenix from,would like some of those.

spellitout

Newly Enlightened
I like the styling of the maratac better, but if it's going on a keychaing then the ITP Eos A3 because it has a better split ring option. LF2XT is a great light, but is considerably larger and cost more than the above 2.

MojaveMoon07

Enlightened
I like the styling of the maratac better, but if it's going on a keychaing then the ITP Eos A3 because it has a better split ring option. LF2XT is a great light, but is considerably larger and cost more than the above 2.

"larger" ? yes

But "considerably larger" ? The LF2XT has nearly the same diameter [14.55mm] as the ITP E0S A3 [14mm], and the LF2XT is 0.57" longer [81mm versus 66.5mm]

Tesla

Enlightened
Half an inch of additional length is a fair amount in a small light...big enough to be a dealbreaker for some. The ARC AAA was/is so popular in part because of it's size. The Maratac/ITP lights are more in that zone.

KuKu427

Enlightened
Ti 2XT with Ti/trit button is about 8.3cm. A little long for an AAA but any shorter and it will be awkward to use cause its too short.

P1050742_copy.jpg

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Liteflux LF2XT is the 'best single AAA', but I don't think it makes the "best" keychain light. I'd say either the ITP A3 or Maratac would be better for that.

Newly Enlightened
Ti 2XT with Ti/trit button is about 8.3cm. A little long for an AAA but any shorter and it will be awkward to use cause its too short.

I noticed that with my ITP A3 when I removed the keyring chain. I thought it was too short until I re-attached it. The extra bit of chain to hold onto helps.

Darvis

Enlightened
My vote goes to the Peak Eiger... A bit long, but the #6 I have has a sweet beam. Got mine in stainless, tough as nails and the runtime is not that bad at all. Nowhere near the 50 lumens you're looking for, but no slouch either.