blinking LED? problem!!

Zippoman

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys. i bought a INOVA X5 for around 38 bucks the 3rd day i had it one of the 5 leds are blinking real fast i gave it a swift bang and it just won't stop i just got it and its so annoying, and i got nice lithium batteries in there to its a pretty nice 6 volt light, but c'mon I just got it whats up INOVA?:confused:

can anyone here help?

thanks in advance.

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a known problem. Do a search for Inova X5, and read the thread about the "updated" model.

I had to return 3 of the new X5s due to blinking. Bought all of them at the same Target store. See this post and the one following it.

I now have 2 new X5s which are still working OK. I bought those at different Target stores.

Zippoman

Newly Enlightened
well won't be buying from inova again thought they were quality lights

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thats to bad Inova X5 was the first light I really EDC'd. I remember how well it was built I bought several I never opened and now have them just sitting in a drawer unopened. Maybe if you store bought it you can return it and apply the funds to another brand light online.

Zippoman

Newly Enlightened
You could be shortchanging yourself. I have the newest version Inova X1, X2, and T4-MP and they have been trouble free.

the other guy said like three of the inova lights blinked and mine is still blinking

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
so why would you say inova is a good brand if you had three defective ones

I think the defective X5s were just a bad batch -- all in the same shipment to the same store. Almost all my other Inova lights, well over a dozen, have been free of defects and are used regularly.

Unlike most of the Chinese flashlights, Inova lights carry a lifetime warranty.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my X5 in 03 when they were new...so, it's 7 years old now...never had a problem...same with my 24/7 I got at the same time...

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing returning the light for a replacement is out of the question? Inova was recently acquired by Nite Ize, a company interested in customer satisfaction. Why not send an email to Inova and see what they will do for you? To each their own, but I would never walk away from a lifetime warranty without giving the company a chance to make it right.

Zippoman

Newly Enlightened
I'm guessing returning the light for a replacement is out of the question? Inova was recently acquired by Nite Ize, a company interested in customer satisfaction. Why not send an email to Inova and see what they will do for you? To each their own, but I would never walk away from a lifetime warranty without giving the company a chance to make it right.

i got no response from inova

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
You gotta call them up, email is spotty at best. I've had several X5 in different colors and all were fine.