No search allowed for Greg McGee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
In my recent search for an LED light I came across a website called Greg McGee Engineering. I looked around on his website and saw some of his youtube videos. I wanted to learn some more about him and the LED lights he sells, so I did several searches on CPF. But every search that contained his name resulted in an error message like this:

"Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

Or this:

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

If there is a problem with him or his lights, I would like to know, so I can learn something and move on. But instead, it's like: "no, you're not allowed to even ask about him. Run along now, and don't ask about him again".

Vesper

Enlightened
Now you've done it... you're not supposed to talk about him here. Ok well.. not really.

Using the Google CPF search I received several returns searching on his name. Use it instead of the built-in forum search - it returns much more reliable results in most cases.

agent8698

Newly Enlightened
Now you've done it... you're not supposed to talk about him here. Ok well.. not really.

Using the Google CPF search I received several returns searching on his name. Use it instead of the built-in forum search - it returns much more reliable results in most cases.

Okay Vesper, you mean the little box to the upper right that says "Google Search, CPF only". I put in "Greg McGee" and yes, I get search results, but clicking on any of the search results gives me this:

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Rod911

Enlightened
Umm, are you aware of the caching service that Google offers.

The threads you're looking for are long gone or hidden away in admin only folders. However, if you click on the "Cached" link, it does produce said links.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
clicking on any of the search results gives me this:

That message will appear if a thread has been deleted by CPF staff.

I do not recall deleting a thread about this individual myself, but it seems likely given the context that if such a thread was deleted, it would have been for a Rule 6 violation, or because the thread properly belonged in CPFMP. You may try it there if you like, but please be careful to observe the Rules on advertising. It's closed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.