SureFire 123 or Tekcell Batteries in an Arc LSH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stuffed_Eeyore

Hi. I'm a newbie, and I was wondering if anyone has tried the SureFire 123 batteries or Tekcell 123 batteries in an Arc LSH-ST? SureFire is selling their batteries direct for $15 for a box of 12, and Country Comm sells a pack of 20 Tekcell 123s for $19. Will they work? If so, how do they compare with Energizer EL123s? Feedback appreciated. Thanks in advance.

SE

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely better on your wallet than the EL123's. Could not tell the difference in either in an ARC. Some contend that in incandescent lights the SF is brighter longer. I have both and can't really tell the differnece.

Greetings to the group.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I have used both & they worked fine. I have read that
Tekcells are'nt as good in high drain applications, but
I've only used them in ARCs & not much at that. I bought
100 Tekcells & I think I got a good deal. It seemed that
the shipping was slow(about a week I think),but for $0.75
how could I go wrong. Also the shipping was free.

GreenArcher

Newly Enlightened
Re: SureFire 123 or Tekcell Batteries in an Arc LS

Bought 100 TekCells from CountyComm and so far used them with no problem in my Inova 24/7, Arc LSH-P, SF E2E, and SF G2. I only used 12 of 100 so far though.

They are cheap enough to toy around with /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

Test results indicate that Tekcells won't have as much runtime as SF's or the Lisuns that Arc used to sell. The difference isn't that big. Because the Arc LS is a regulated light with much lower current drain than an incandescent Surefire, the Tekcells work fine and will make the same output as more expensive batteries--they just don't last as long. I've used a few and not had a problem. However, the best deal so far has been the Lisuns from Arc at 80 cents each. Unfortunately they're now out of stock, but maybe Arc will be able to scare up some more.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

The best deal I got so far was from ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I ordered some (40)Lisuns from ARC & after a week or maybe
a little longer I still hadn't been notified that they had
been shipped so my wife sent them a email. We received a
email back from ARC with an apoligy & that the batteries
had been shipped. When the package arrived I opened it &
found 40 Duracells. How's that for customer service.
ARC /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

batterystation

Enlightened

I had no luck with the Tek cells. The Lisuns were great. Peter is bringing in a DP brand battery that is right up there. I am not sure of the new price, but I think it is a dollar even. We sell a generic for $1.50 and Sanyo for $2 each. Get with Arc Flashlight for those $1 cells. They are very good. I sold that brand for years. He should have them any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.