NEW Fenix TK11 XP-G R5 and TK12 XP-G R5 - 18650 - 285 Lumens

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Figured it was about time for Fenix to jump on the XPG bandwagon. The XPG TK11 is interesting, will keep an eye on it for a while.

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
Those can't be OTF lumens?
I believe so. Fenix has a reputation of being accurate with their performance ratings.

Remember that the 345 lumen Cree XLamp XP-G LED (which is 37 percent brighter, 53 percent more efficient, and 80% smaller than the brightest XR-E LED - at only 3.5mm x 3.5mm, the smaller XP-G is rated 139 lumens per watt at 350 mA and driven at 1 A, the XP-G produces 345 lumens)

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks identical to the XR-E (SMO) beam profile. They could just be showing the same pic

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I can tell, the TK11 uses smooth
and TK12 uses OP [stippled]

How long has the xp-g R4 been available in the PD30+

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
If the light is white I might just be interested. I'll wait for the reviews.

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
How long has the xp-g R4 been available in the PD30+
Fenix had a short run of them the first of the year.

See my post https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3224304&postcount=82

The First PD30-R4 that I received was defective, second one not impressive either. With that said, other reviews and YouTube videos showed the R4 to be far superior to both the PD30 R2 and Q5, both in terms of output and beam quality, so mine must have been on the short end of the LED lottery.

My EDC is my Fenix PD30 Premium Q5. Hopefully Fenix will revise the PD30 and at least give us a good XP-G R5 version soon.

Last edited:

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Fenix will offer some of the new neutral, outdoor, or warm white versions of the xp-g.

Yeah R3 neutral white! [hey, it isn't R4, but S2 cool isn't officially out yet]

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
They cannot just stick a XPG to a reflector designed for XRE... ugly beam!

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
any reviews?

selfbuilt rarely reviews Fenix's TK series, and one day i asked Selfbuilt why, and he said its because Fenix or their dealers don't send him the light for review. Personally i consider Selfbuilt's reviews as the standard, so I'd LOVE to see these being reviewed by selfbuilt.

*HINT HINT Fenix and/or their dealers*

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why not they put a XP-G in the PD30+ same reflector as used for the XP-E and the beam was even better with the XP-G.

First who said they are using the XRE reflector? Those shots are just of the old version, not the new XPG. Second the XPG and XPE share the same dimensions so any reflector that works with one works with the other, the XPG's beam will just have a less tight beam.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not they put a XP-G in the PD30+ same reflector as used for the XP-E and the beam was even better with the XP-G.

The xp-g is part of the xp family.
xp-g has a larger die, so the beam would be floodier, with a smoother transition.
If the xp-e was replaced with an xp-c, it would be more throw oriented.

The XR has the ring. The XR has a much larger footprint, and the emission pattern is too different.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

Thats a VERY broad generalization. I've seen plenty of XR-E modded lights and P60 modules that had member emitter upgrades to XPG. The beams were not what I would consider ugly. The DIY pill I made for bigchelis is completely artifact free both on a white wall and in the field.

Host 1 (TLS M series head):
dscn2213t.jpg

Beam 1:
dscn2207n.jpg

Host 2 (P60 module)
dscn2214.jpg

Beam 2
dscn2206s.jpg

Last edited: