got my Arc AAA Premium--fast!

Status
Not open for further replies.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered one late Monday morning, and FedEx delivered it this afternoon (Tuesday). It went all the way from Arizona to Illinois in about 24 hours! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

The Premium edition definitely has a whiter beam color, at least when I compare the two Arc AAAs that I own. It also has a narrower beam, but that may be due to variations in the position of the LED. (My premium has its LED set a millimeter or two farther back than the standard.)

MichiganMan

Enlightened
You're ahead of me. I ordered an LSH-P on 7-2-03 and as of today its still nowhere in site.

Obviously I didn't order it from ARC directly but instead from an otherwise reputable and known dealer.

I'll now accept condolences from all sympathetic parties.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
MichiganMan
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif
When it arrives you'll just have to order something else
so that you can have something to look forward to. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
hawkhkg11, I'll discretely refrain from dumping on them as I'm currently waiting to see if he makes good. Half the wait was due to him forgetting to mail it until the 8th at which point he provided a USPS Delivery Confirmation number that indicates USPS was notified electronically to expect the package for mailing on the 9th (notice it doesn't say the package HAS been mailed...) Its not a tracking number, regardless of when its mailed, the message doesn't change until its delivered. Here it is the 15th and I'm just about dying.

So either USPS Priority Mail is really falling down on the job with their 2-3 day average delivery cycle, or the dealer just obtained a Delivery Confirmation number electronically to get me off his back and didn't really mail it on the 9th. The guy gave good service over e-mail during the sale, and has a good rep around here, so I'm not completely panicking. If the light shows up in the next day or so, no problem, I can deal with the forgetting to ship until the 8th since stuff like that happens now and then, but if it turns out he hasn't shipped it yet I'm looking at a different problem entirely...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

MichiganMan

Enlightened
Hoghead, when it arrives I'll have to admit I'm pretty well set for lights. A Lightwave 4000 for my car, LW 2100 for my wifes car and evening activities I periodically engage in (the LSH will be assuming this second duty) an Eternalight Elitemax on the fridge for household blackouts, this replaced an Ergo which necessitated me creating the position of Emergency Office Flashlight for any blackouts in my office (because, you know, walking out to the LW in my car would just be too much trouble...) There's also a nice little Streamlight Cuffmate light and Energizer LED lantern that each see periodic duty.

The LSH will be replacing my AAA as EDC which works out nicely since my wife just tonight said that she'd like one for her keychain ("Hmm, I MAY be able to work something out..." I said as cooly as I could /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif)

I'm seriously considerring giving Arc AAA's as Christmas gifts just so I can continue to indulge my habit.

LukeK

Enlightened
MichiganMan -- I feel your pain, in the past I have been involved with a company that had absolutely horrible customer service. I ordered a flashlight in late December only to be shipped late January...it was pathetic and frustrating. Anyhow I just wanted to say, don't count on USPS's tracking. It's extremely poor. I ordered some arctic alumina adhesive and the package was on my door before there was a single online shipping update.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
MichiganMan, if my suspicions are correct, this person has never failed to deliver anything to me. Some, like in Texas, have gotten things from him faster than I'll ever see ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )...

I think it's just USPS's own wrangling...

Status
Not open for further replies.