Imagine a Titanium Quark P60 Host

recDNA

Flashaholic
I was just thinking about what I would like in a P60 host.

The first thing that came to mind is how much I like the Quark clicky, UI, and the looks of their Titanium 2 X CR123 model. Imagine if that were available with a titanium 18650 body and were P60 compatible? THAT is what I'd like in a host.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only problem with this concept is the cost.
You have to make these lights out of TI barstock, and the 18650 format -- especially the P60 format, is rather large! That increases the price exponentially.

Also-- especially since this is a P60 host, the design would best be either tight fitting p60 modules for heatsinking.

(PS: I'm not sure, but I don't think you can do the quark head twist UI in a P60 host)

recDNA

Flashaholic
Killjoy!

But if they could design it I think folks would pay for it. Wouldn't it be cheaper to make than the one they sold with an XP-G installed in it?

As for buying them think of what people end up spending on a vanilla 6P between boring it out and changing the clicky and the lens. Come to think of it - by the time they're done modding it in what way is it still a 6P at all?

Ya, unfortunately the Quark UI would have to go and that is one of my favorite features.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast

:p
hey.. I want one too if it were made! I EDC a 2x123 TI quark-- wish there were 18650 TI tubes, but according to 47s, they would be very expensive.

But if they could design it I think folks would pay for it. Wouldn't it be cheaper to make than the one they sold with an XP-G installed in it?

As for buying them think of what people end up spending on a vanilla 6P between boring it out and changing the clicky and the lens. Come to think of it - by the time they're done modding it in what way is it still a 6P at all?
hehe, there will always be a buyer, but getting to market with a decently high number of purchasers is the goal. with a Ti light of this size, think... 300-400$ if made in roc.

recDNA

Flashaholic
:p
hey.. I want one too if it were made! I EDC a 2x123 TI quark-- wish there were 18650 TI tubes, but according to 47s, they would be very expensive.

hehe, there will always be a buyer, but getting to market with a decently high number of purchasers is the goal. with a Ti light of this size, think... 300-400$ if made in roc.

wow....too much. I figured the extra $ for titanium could come from saving the $ spent on the xp-g and its driver.

mknewman

Newly Enlightened
I've been asking FiveMega to make a Titanium version of his 26650 host, it's my current favorite and would look awesome in Ti.

carrot

Flashaholic
I don't understand...?

47s is in the business of selling his own products, not selling products that sell other people's products.

There is no reason for him to sell anything that is not a complete light, and, the P60 design is very poor for thermal conductivity, so 47s has no reason to compete in this market, which is already very crowded.

In any case if you want a titanium P60 host, I hear the Lumensfactory Seraph comes in titanium.

recDNA

Flashaholic
A sale is a sale. I see no reason 4Sevens wouldn't want to make a host but my point was simply that I WISH they would.

I like the looks of their titanium line better than anybody elses and I like the feel of their clicky.

I have no reason to believe I would like the feel of the Seraph as much and 4Sevens made the only inexpensive line of titanium lights that I've seen. It isn't JUST the material - it's the design I like.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
but what kind of design are you looking for in a P60 host? a p60 host is a hugely different design. are you looking for the same knurling? that's just rolled knurls. the TI? that's just TA4 Alloy (Ti-3Al) - nothing exclusive to 47s.

and also -- 47s sold those TI lights at very low profit. haven't we asked enough of him already?

Latest posts