• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom HID Spotlight - Australia

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

I'm looking to build myself a new HID Spotlight, after trading my old one.

I plan to build with an Arlec RT3500. After seeing my previous RT3500 build compare with the bigger H4 style spotlights, I've seen that it produces a much tighter and brighter hotspot, and a lot more throw, despite the smaller reflector.

I will be using a DDMTuning 4500K 55W H3 kit, and upgrading from the 2x6v SLA's to a single 12v SLA, for improved runtime and reduced weight.

All in all, the light will produce 5000 Lumens, and have a runtime of 1.5hours (constant burn, switching on and off costs overall runtime).

My previous build, an overdriven cheap chinese HID kit, allowed me to see reflective roadsigns at 2km (measured) and the beam in the sky could be seem from 850M away (measured). That unit, conservatively, produced 4000 Lumens.

The reason I'm posting here, is the HID kit only comes in a pair, and I'll have no use for the second ballast and bulb.

For your buy-in of $150 AUD, I'll build 2 of these and send you the second one. Shipping will depend on how far away you are.

This will be the second time I've built one of these, and I learned from many mistakes in my first build. You will, of course, be send the better of the two that I build this time.

Please post and PM me if you would like to buy in.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you search for "petrov45" you should find my original build. It was a bit rough, but i'd be using the same host again.

I would be interested in shipping overseas, but Australia post are a bunch of theives and would likely charge so much it wouldn't be worth it.