NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Surefire flashlights

Default Surefire flashlights

This may be a dumb question but why don't I find any info about Surefire flashlights on the forums? I recently found some Surefire lights in a local gunshop and tried to look up some reviews in the forums and came up with nothing. Am I missing something?

Default Re: Surefire flashlights

Are you kidding us?

Type "Surefire" in the Google Search above to the right.

LOL!!

Ah, thanks. I used the advanced search thinking that would be the way to go and it produced no results. I figured that may be a dumb question.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruel View Post
    Are you kidding us?

Type "Surefire" in the Google Search above to the right.
    LOL! Also, check the MP...they are well known...a thread get's closed every other day. Some-one asks "Why are they so good?" and then a battle breaks out between the SF Loyalists and brand-X loyalists...LOL! BTW!!!

Thanks guys. You ready for a follow-up dumb question? What is the MP?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciliatus View Post
    Thanks guys. You ready for a follow-up dumb question? What is the MP?
    CPF Market Place!

Ah, thanks. I used the advanced search thinking that would be the way to go and it produced no results. I figured that may be a dumb question.
    haha

Everyone knows you don't need a review of a Surefire light... I buy them on blind faith knowing they will be good...
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    Everyone knows you don't need a review of a Surefire light... I buy them on blind faith knowing they will be good...
    +1!

Well said.

You are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct. I had to try it out for myself.

Advanced Search
    >"surefire"
    >"Flashlight Reviews"
    >Thread titles only
    Drumroll please
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : surefire

I'm speechless... with all the gushing praise on CPF from us (myself included)... Not one single dedicated review.

**edit**
    x2..what carrot said.
    Last edited by kramer5150; 03-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Quote Originally Posted by carrot View Post
    huge +1

Ok, thanks again for your input. Since I've already started this on a bad note, let's continue.

I recently ordered the Liteflux lf2xt as my first "good" light for EDC. I did a bunch of research on the forums and other places to figure out what my best bets were and didn't come across anything about Surefire up until this point. Are Surefire in a class in and of themselves? Is this the supreme non-custom light maker or what? If you guys could post some good links or other good info it would be much appreciated. Sorry for all of the dumb questions.

Don't worry about it, Ciliatus. It's not a dumb question, it's just that you're not used to the user interface here. Well, at least you didn't ask "Why are Surefire lights so expensive?"

But... Why are Surefire lights so expensive?

Just kidding...

"I LOVE THE SMELL OF LITHIUM BATTERIES IN THE MORNING..." - Kilgore

Ok, thanks again for your input. Since I've already started this on a bad note, let's continue.

I recently ordered the Liteflux lf2xt as my first "good" light for EDC. I did a bunch of research on the forums and other places to figure out what my best bets were and didn't come across anything about Surefire up until this point. Are Surefire in a class in and of themselves? Is this the supreme non-custom light maker or what? If you guys could post some good links or other good info it would be much appreciated. Sorry for all of the dumb questions.
    Yes...there hands down (IMHO) the best "off the shelf" light you can get...there are a few companies that have "followed there lead" and came close, but SF has most of the "firsts". They also have alot of patents/copyrights on there flashlights that you would not think of (the lock out tail-cap/rubber combat grip, etc.). I own and use others (occasionally), but if there's any doubt as to what circumstances I may be in (or end up in), I bring my SF's.

Ok, save the beating of the dead horse. I know there's a ton of info available to answer the questions I'm looking to have answered. I'll be patient and check it all out. Unfortunately when there's gobs and GOBS of info it makes it a bit harder to find specifically what you're looking for thanks to the over-abundance of threads. Thanks again for your help, everyone. This forum is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Federal LG View Post

Just kidding...
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Federal LG View Post

Just curious. Was there a specific Surefire you were thinkin about?

That's nuts. There's actually a "beating a dead horse" icon?!! Wow.

Here's the deal. Obviously there's mass over-discussion of this because everything that I can think of to search comes up with either info about a specific Surefire model, explosion issues or people complaining that all of the info that I'm looking for is over-discussed and rude instructions to "just use the search function". Seems to be a bit of a vicious circle.

I apologize if I haven't figured out what I'm doing yet but does anyone know of a good link that covers the rookie questions about Surefire lights?

... Are Surefire in a class in and of themselves? Is this the supreme non-custom light maker or what?...
    They are good at the things they do well and poor at what they don't.... no different from any other maker in this respect.
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS

Nope. I don't know which model I may be interested in. I was just curious about the manufacturer. I liked the fit and feel of the light that I checked out today and it piqued my interest. Still waiting on my Liteflux, which I'm sure I'll be impressed enough with, but I always tend to research the crap out of anything that I end up getting into and I'm finding myself really interested in flashlights. I'm always curious about what's available.

That's nuts. There's actually a "beating a dead horse" icon?!! Wow.

Here's the deal. Obviously there's mass over-discussion of this because everything that I can think of to search comes up with either info about a specific Surefire model, explosion issues or people complaining that all of the info that I'm looking for is over-discussed and rude instructions to "just use the search function". Seems to be a bit of a vicious circle.

I apologize if I haven't figured out what I'm doing yet but does anyone know of a good link that covers the rookie questions about Surefire lights?
    With out looking over countless threads of "Which Brand is better", check out the "True Stories" section of the SF website as well as "The Surefire Difference". They kinda give you the meat and potatoes. A few things not spelled out on the SF website:

-Surefire "under-rates" their lumens. 95% of the time a 100 lumen SF will be BRIGHTER than a 140-150 lumen Brand-X
    -SF has the most HARD ANODIZED (TYPE III) lights...HA-III is just below diamonds on the hardness scale, and they look nice for a long time due to the tough finish.
    -SF used to have a slogan "SF's cut through the competition...literally". A CPF member tried it, and sure enough, they used a E2e (I belive) to sucessfully cut through a mini-m@g ...their finishes ARE that tough.
    -SF uses very close tolerances, and quality O-rings, making their lights very water-tight...
    -All SF's come pre-focused, so you get a near perfect beam in 99.9% of them...a few bad ones have been known to slip through the cracks...but they'll more than likely replace it free if asked.
    -SF squares their threads off and polishes them to remove any blemishes/loose bits of metal, which makes the caps easy to screw on and less of a chance of "cross-threading" them
    -There cutomer service is the best in the business (IMHO...). Do a search on surefire cs/surefire customer service....

Lots of good info out there...the SF web-site would be the best place to start though.
    Last edited by angelofwar; 03-09-2010 at 10:31 PM.

Basically, SureFire is the Chris Reeve of the flashlight world when it comes to tolerances, fit and finish. Only tougher!

My review of Surefire. Good flashlights, not what I'm usually willing to spend for a flashlight though (though I own a few surefires, they certainly aren't wallet friendly to collect). I do plan on buying an Invictus if it ever sees the light of day.
    Last edited by pfccypret; 03-09-2010 at 10:40 PM.

Hi, try reading this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...ad.php?t=93299
    And this one http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=107943

Also, I have a list of stories that I've collected and a good many of them extoll the virtues of Surefire.
    [gearcarrot.com] Collector and distributor of (mis)information.
    The Guide to High-End Lights | Flashlight Story Collection updated Sept 28
    CPF Specials | 4sevens | LED Testing | EDCF | #cpf

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Ah, what brand was that again? Never heard of them.

Enlightened

Still waiting on my Liteflux, which I'm sure I'll be impressed enough with, but I always tend to research the crap out of anything that I end up getting into and I'm finding myself really interested in flashlights. I'm always curious about what's available.
    Ha Ha. You drank the kool-aid. Try a search for "Flashaholic". We meet every Wednesday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by kramer5150 View Post
    You are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct. I had to try it out for myself.

Advanced Search
    >"surefire"
    >"Flashlight Reviews"
    >Thread titles only
    Drumroll please
    Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
    The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : surefire

I'm speechless... with all the gushing praise on CPF from us (myself included)... Not one single dedicated review.

**edit**
    x2..what carrot said.

Search ignores "surefire" because it produces too many results.
    I pledge to be Shelf Queen-free by 01/01/11. "Use 'em!"
    My Builds: Mag623 ; RoomSweeper Clone

"Buy quality, you'll only cry once...."

I still own my first Laser Products 6P.
    Finally seeing the light - going back to incans!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast