Surefire flashlights

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
This may be a dumb question but why don't I find any info about Surefire flashlights on the forums? I recently found some Surefire lights in a local gunshop and tried to look up some reviews in the forums and came up with nothing. Am I missing something?

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding us? :ohgeez:

Type "Surefire" in the Google Search above to the right.

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
Ah, thanks. I used the advanced search thinking that would be the way to go and it produced no results. I figured that may be a dumb question. :oops:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you kidding us? :ohgeez:

Type "Surefire" in the Google Search above to the right.

LOL! Also, check the MP...they are well known...a thread get's closed every other day. Some-one asks "Why are they so good?" and then a battle breaks out between the SF Loyalists and brand-X loyalists...LOL! :welcome: BTW!!!

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys. You ready for a follow-up dumb question? What is the MP?

carrot

Flashaholic
Everyone knows you don't need a review of a Surefire light... I buy them on blind faith knowing they will be good...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
You are ABSOLUTELY 100% correct. I had to try it out for myself.

Advanced Search
>"surefire"
>"Flashlight Reviews"
>Thread titles only
Drumroll please
Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.
The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search : surefire

I'm speechless... with all the gushing praise on CPF from us (myself included)... Not one single dedicated review.

**edit**
x2..what carrot said.

Last edited:

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks again for your input. Since I've already started this on a bad note, let's continue. ;)

I recently ordered the Liteflux lf2xt as my first "good" light for EDC. I did a bunch of research on the forums and other places to figure out what my best bets were and didn't come across anything about Surefire up until this point. Are Surefire in a class in and of themselves? Is this the supreme non-custom light maker or what? If you guys could post some good links or other good info it would be much appreciated. Sorry for all of the dumb questions.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry about it, Ciliatus. It's not a dumb question, it's just that you're not used to the user interface here. Well, at least you didn't ask "Why are Surefire lights so expensive?"

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, thanks again for your input. Since I've already started this on a bad note, let's continue. ;)

I recently ordered the Liteflux lf2xt as my first "good" light for EDC. I did a bunch of research on the forums and other places to figure out what my best bets were and didn't come across anything about Surefire up until this point. Are Surefire in a class in and of themselves? Is this the supreme non-custom light maker or what? If you guys could post some good links or other good info it would be much appreciated. Sorry for all of the dumb questions.

Yes...there hands down (IMHO) the best "off the shelf" light you can get...there are a few companies that have "followed there lead" and came close, but SF has most of the "firsts". They also have alot of patents/copyrights on there flashlights that you would not think of (the lock out tail-cap/rubber combat grip, etc.). I own and use others (occasionally), but if there's any doubt as to what circumstances I may be in (or end up in), I bring my SF's.

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
Ok, save the beating of the dead horse. I know there's a ton of info available to answer the questions I'm looking to have answered. I'll be patient and check it all out. Unfortunately when there's gobs and GOBS of info it makes it a bit harder to find specifically what you're looking for thanks to the over-abundance of threads. Thanks again for your help, everyone. This forum is awesome. :twothumbs

Ciliatus

Newly Enlightened
That's nuts. There's actually a "beating a dead horse" icon?!! Wow.

Here's the deal. Obviously there's mass over-discussion of this because everything that I can think of to search comes up with either info about a specific Surefire model, explosion issues or people complaining that all of the info that I'm looking for is over-discussed and rude instructions to "just use the search function". Seems to be a bit of a vicious circle.

I apologize if I haven't figured out what I'm doing yet but does anyone know of a good link that covers the rookie questions about Surefire lights?:confused: