My new McLux. Well...Not Really

C

Cosmic Superchunk

I recently received my McLux 1x123 powerpack from The Sandwich Shoppe and while I haven't bought the McLux Head Assembly along with the required parts to put it together, I decided to try my Surefire KL1 on after seeing an earlier post where Lux Luminous posted a pic of his combo. It looks kinda cool. Much better looking than a KL1/Scorpion combo.

280400-CSKL1McLux.jpg

Sorry for the poor quality pic as I broke my digital camera and had to scan the light instead.

jtice

Flashaholic
Cosmic....
Looks nice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I have a grey kit comming to me. And was thinking of getting a mclux pack for it. I think the Arc head looks good on it also.
123P.jpg

MKII.jpg

belt-clip.jpg

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I was thinking about when dat2zip was selling TK McLux I
think he said you had to bend your own pocket clip.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
no, the clips are prebent, but you may need to bend them a little if you don't want them so tight.

and dam!!!!
doesn't that dark (almost black) arc look so sexy!
i've told peter...he won't listen /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hey guys,

Not to rain on any parades here but the power paks shown with the Arc were made specific for Arc LS's and they are shorter than the McLux power tails. An insert is required in the McLux tails to lift the battery out to contact the Arc anode contact. And the reason the Arc looks black is because I converted that image to gray scale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
well doesn't it look sexy? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

a deadcell would be a good way to lift the battery up...

or i could cut and re-tap the pak /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
DSpeck had a nice little spacer in the UBH kit that does wonders in boosting the cell over that space...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Gizmo...
Yes I knew the stock mclux packs didnt work without modding.
But, I'm sure I can take care of that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It makes a great combo.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
OK,

Sorry I butted in guys, carry on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I agree that the Arc LS is real nice on a guarded power pak. It was that Peter fellow who didn't care for it..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Don

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
you're sure you can take care of that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
jtice, here's a pic I posted some while back...since, I've received my bead blasted Grey body back from ab and I've not take a pic of it yet...anything on a McLux body is certainly unique!

<font color="blue">"The 2003 McLarc"
</font>
fc92bf8e.jpg

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK....NOW i want the battery pack for my Arc LS! It actually looks pretty cool with the dual color scheme. Kinda like a nice dual toned Mercedes-Benz. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jtice

Flashaholic
Sigman ...........
Very nice, thanks ALOT, now i know what my light will look like,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

And I LOVE that name! "McLarc" can i call mine that also? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Soyou had the bezel HA removed? I want to do that to mine also, is the lettering still there?
PLEASE post a pic.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yes! a pic!

what the heck are you thinking, posting text without a pic? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Since we're all posting Hybrid McLux pics . . .

Here's the original photo of my first McLux product

(affectionately know as "Lux's DeLux McLux") /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

mclux028.jpg.w560h420.jpg

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Does anybody have the McLux 2x123 power pack with a KL4? How does that look? Does it require any mod or does it work just by screwing the KL4 head on the McLux power pack [ ... about the limit to my current modding skill]?

PeterB

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Not to rain on any parades here but the power paks shown with the Arc were made specific for Arc LS's and they are shorter than the McLux power tails. An insert is required in the McLux tails to lift the battery out to contact the Arc anode contact. And the reason the Arc looks black is because I converted that image to gray scale.

- Don

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Don, how much longer is the MCLux Power tail?
I just wondered, If I could use an Arc LS+MCLux tail with two 28mm high NiMH cells.

Latest posts