SureFire E1B/EWP01 30th Anniversary Gift Set (LIMITED EDITION)

rjr104

Newly Enlightened
Just received an e-mail from LA Police Gear showing a limited edition (1800 units) of an E1B and pen in a wood gift box. Supposedly to commemorate SF's 30 years in business. Just short of $600.00. More than I want to spend, but it's kind of neat to look at anyway.

e1b.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Bigglow

Enlightened
Re: Surefire Limited Edition

It's a great light and also a great pen, but to my mind it's not a $600 light and pen.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nearly as good:

30yrs.jpg

Regards,
Tempest

Last edited:

rjr104

Newly Enlightened

Well yes it is - and a bunch cheaper I would bet.

jchoo

Enlightened

Yeah, I got that email too... and I wants it... my precious...

But, alas... $600 buys a WHOLE LOT of ammo...

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast

It's a great light and also a great pen, but to my mind it's not a $600 light and pen.

+1

Besides the exterior colors, does the light itself come with special features? Can't see it being worth that much otherwise... Then again, probably 5-10 years from now, people will be selling the set for more than twice the price.

don.gwapo

Enlightened

Looks like they just painted it and charge you 3-4X more than the regular backup/pen price. That would be ok if they coated it with 24k gold to justify for that price. :D

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

Then again, probably 5-10 years from now, people will be selling the set for more than twice the price.

At the very least, it's likely to hold its value.

I'm pretty sure one could sell a purple A2 for more than the price of this set, for example, and that's just a different colour finish too.

Regards,
Tempest

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

I had emailed SF about what this set might run...Kinda glad they didn't respond.

Seriously I can understand maybe $150 premium on these since that anodizing involves hand masking the light multiple times, but yikes. I'm almost willing to bet that you could buy the standard versions and find an anodizing shop that you could talk into doing something like this for less...Of course you'd have to take it all apart first...

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm almost willing to bet that you could buy the standard versions and find an anodizing shop that you could talk into doing something like this for less...Of course you'd have to take it all apart first...

Again, the same is true for any specially anodized limited edition SureFire, especially if you consider the collector's value of something like a purple A2, orange C2/E2e, or even the E2e-CJ/C2-CJ.

Regards,
Tempest

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast

The CJ lights are not this expensive. I like the Light/pen anno but really? $600? I dont think it really costs that much. I was expecting more like 300-400 for the set.

My L6 Porcupine cost $600. and I can justify that as the body and strike bezel are worth it to me. But a mere anno change does not warrant a $400 increase in price.

I may buy a SF pen and E1B and take it to a paintball annodizer. they make anno styles like this.

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast

Tempest, yeah I agree, though the high price of the orange and purple lights are because of their scarcity no? I suppose it's understandable, these are targeted directly at the collectors of the rare.

Exactly Solscud, the CJ's weren't that crazy.

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't believe there are 1800 people who will pay $350 for ano on $250 worth of product. On the other hand, who am I kidding? I am an Atwood collector.

The purple A2s, etc. command premium prices on the secondary market, but what did they cost originally from SF? $550? :laughing: Oh wait -- no purple pen. $500? :poke:

Can you imagine how things in the custom toy markets would grind to a halt if all makers tried to take every penny of secondary market value in the original asking price? There'd be a whole lot less people at some of the knife lotteries..... just think -- if Ernest Emerson priced a custom Commander at the $1500 it will bring on the secondary market, he wouldn't need a ballroom for his lottery at Blade anymore!! Or at the height of the frenzy, McGizmo could have raised the price on a PD-S to $800.... and been able to keep them in stock!!

Sure hope the buyers of this set don't need to get their money out down the road, because I don't think this is an offering that will be able to hold it's value. Especially not with 1800 sets out there. On the other hand, anyone who is buying this set can afford not to care.

I do like the pen though. If someone would like to pay $450 for an E1B, please PM me!! :party: