What lights are you looking forward to in 2010?

yalskey

Enlightened
Ok, here's another fun thread for ya'll.

If you want to have some fun, post your reply with 4 parts...

1. List a real production flashlight that is coming out this year (or is rumored to at least); a light that you are most looking forward to / excited about.

2. Why are you looking forward to the light you listed in #1? Also, how could they mess it up and/or what would be a deal breaker for you when it finally comes out for sale.

3. List a theoretical / fantasy light that would be the highlight (pun intended) of your year as a flash-a-holic. This could be another version / revision to an existing light, or something completely made up, yet still within reason. (i.e. No 10,000 lumen 1xAA lights :)

4. List why you need / want the light you listed in #3. What problems would it solve in your life? Or maybe you just want it for the sake of having it.

This should be an interesting and fun thread. Go!

carrot

Flashaholic
1) 47s Maelstrom S1200
2) Because I need over a thousand lumens! I could only see it getting messed up if there are multiple modes, one or two or three brightness levels are all this light needs. None of this SOS bull.
3) McGizmo Ti PD XP-G
4) Because I'm a McGizmo fanboy, and because the XP-G would be a very suitable upgrade for the venerable PD.

bansuri

Enlightened
1. Revised Liteflux LF5XT.

2. Hoping for AA version of LF2XT. Hopefully they give it real knurling and reduce the size. If it's just a circuit upgrade I'll pass.

3. Ra Twisty AA.

4. Prefer twist activation. Love the Ra.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Fenix TK21
2. Neutral-white xp-g. Fenix could mess this up by utilizing a low output bin (by not using R3)
3. Moderate CRI 4000-4500K SST50 based anything. Quark mc-e white
4. I need something for nocturnal bicycling. p2d rb100 died.

and a 10,000 lumen 1xAA :laughing:

Last edited:

don.gwapo

Enlightened
1. Fenix TK45.
2. Coz I want a bright light that run on simple easy to find AA batteries.
3. Maelstrom S1800/S1200.
4. Coz we need it when we go frog hunting at night. :laughing:

Rossymeister

Enlightened
1. Surefire M3LT.

2. Hoping To Use The LED Head On The M6 Body. They Could Mess it Up By Incorporating A Bunch Of ''Blinky'' Modes.:green:

3. A Warm White/High CRI McGizmo Lunasol 20.

4. The Dual Beam Patterns Really Make This A Versatile Light. High CRI Would Make It Even Better!

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Fenix TK45, no doubt about it.

2. I *love* how Fenix is making high powered LED lights that use AA batteries. I jumped all over the TK40 for that exact reason and I plan on doing the same for the TK45 because it's even brighter. The real deal breaker for me will be the TK45 reviews here on CPF. If CPF members say it stinks, then it's a no deal for me and I save my money. Fenix sold me on the TK40 though and I am very happy with their other lights that I have bought since then. The jury will be out on the TK45 though because it will be the new kid on the block. I'm especially anxious to read reviews on it from those that already have a TK40 so they'll have something to directly compare it to that I already have experience with.

3. I'd like to see some updates to Malkoff Devices drop in led upgrades for Maglites. At the very least, I'd like to see them back in stock on their website again...sometime during my lifetime.

4. I'd just like to have an upgraded D cell Maglite that can throw further than my current 4 D cell with a Terralux TLE-300M-EX drop in upgrade. I'm *very* happy with my current drop in because it works great for my use with its floody "wall of light" beam pattern, but I'd really like to see what the Malkoff Devices drop in can do in comparison in terms of throw. I've heard/read about them for quite some time so I'd like to experience it for myself. In my little world, the Malkoff Devices drop ins are like mythological creatures because I keep hearing about how great they are and I'm all set to buy one for myself, but they just do not exist based on my "Sold Out" experiences with the Malkoff Devices website.

Viper715

Enlightened
1. Any Maelstrom at this point

2. I think that it would be a great duty and or search light depending on which one. Simple is better just a couple of modes no blinky crap. Deal breaker would be if it cycles through modes like the standard Quarks, just not my thing I want to KNOW what level the light is coming on in.

3. A cingle 123 light with RGB and White similar to the Streamligh Compact but with better components. Better more sturdy clip, Red, Green and Blue high quality LED's without many artifacts and a more powerful main beam like a XPG with a neutral tint. Metal reflector and a glass lens. Also possibly in a diferent form factor maybe the head in line with the body but still able to tilt.

4. I think that the above light will fill a wide area of uses that I need including my main EDC and a general task light as well as a good backup for other lights.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Ra Twisty AA/Headlamp

2. hopefully Henry will use newer options for LEDs, makes it slimmer or the same original size, and with a shorter deep pocket clip:eek:

3. anything Don Mcleish makes.

4. hopefully, he keeps pioneering (personally, he and Henry are my favorite designers) more creative and practical designs in the future. Personally, I really wouldn't care for him to revisit previous models to update, not yet anyway.:shrug:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Definitely a second, third, and or fourth for a Ra/HDS Twisty because I missed the TR-85 that I had lusted after but never bought until it was too late. The proposed RA headlamp may just make me change my Headlamp religion from Princeton Tec to HDS should it fit the bill for my needs and or usage.

I am still interested in the Surefire LX1 but if the optics and runtime aren't much different than the E1B, then I don't really need one but I am an old school L1 fan and it may beat the E1B but that's a tall order.

Looking forward to my first Liteflux and hitting some desolation wilderness so I can really use my lights out in the woods, especially that RA Headlamp for some nightime trailblazing.:thumbsup:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
1. I'd also like to see the new LiteFlux LF5XT

2. Love the UI. Don't want to see another "tactical looking" design. Should be small as possible, and similar UI as LF2XT.

3. A fully programmable 1 AAA that is brighter, smaller, and smarter than the current LF2XT. Seems reasonable.

4. It would be the natural evolution of my favorite.

Geoff

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, heard intriguing news of LF5XT. But I will NOT be looking forward to its clip.
- Also looking forward to SF LX1 (but I'm not holding my breath)
- Maelstrom S1800
- Slim 1xAA Ra light (if it's ever going to be made)
- The next Nitecore using PD

Surnia

Newly Enlightened
1. Eagletac P20A2 Mk IIs

2. high output, good battery life in general mode.... and module swappable! although they already are on sale... or beginning to be.

3. D20 with LiteFlux UI; possibly running 4+hrs at about the same light output as the eagletacs on general mode, with an XP-E R2 in 4C tint.

4. bike light!! plus I generally like 2xAA size for pocket carry as an EDC, love the PD system, love the possibilities in the LiteFlux UIs, like the position for the nitecore clips, and the D20 beam patterns from csshih seem pretty good for biking and general applications.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
IMHO the latest is not always the greatest. IMHO too many manufacturers launch new products without fully working the design bugs out of them first. Because of this I seldom find myself lusting after the latest releases, I would rather invest in proven designs.

Not sure if this is in the works or not but an Eagletac P100C2 or T100C2 with an XPG is something I might want to pick up.

Maybe a cheap SST-50 light from DX to play around with and mod.

I'm always on the lookout for Surefires on the marketplace.

Solarforce L2P, again not new but its reliable and trouble free.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenix tk21
eagletac pc20a2 or something like that. saw a pic and its supposed lumen rating on illuminationgear, and its insane for a a light powered by 2xAA.
4sevens maelstrom.
and hopefully a new version of the catapult, fixing its minor problems.

Enlightened
1. The Elektrolumens Blaster: Next Generation!

2. I'm really looking forward to getting this seriously well built light, and it doesn't hurt that it has an SSR-90! This was a pre-sale and turned out to be a run of only 35 lights. Since I already paid for it, there isn't a whole lot that can make this deal go south. :grin2:

3. I'd love to see an Orb Raw Al with a Cree XP-G R5 using a CR2.

4. I love my current Orb Raw Al but I can't stand using unprotected 14250s. A CR2 is only slightly larger and it just makes sense to use primaries in keychain lights.

Mark