Quark Lego, Is This Possible?

umc

Enlightened
Just curious,

Currently I have a Quark Regular 123 and a Mini and like both but what I was wondering was what combination of lights/accessories would I need to have a Quark Regular 123 with a forward tailstanding clicky and the programmability of the tactical?

So basically I would like my Quark Regular 123 that I have now but be able to program it and have a forward clicky. If I can't have the forward clicky then at least programmable and tailstand-able.:grin2:

If that is possible I would also be interested in a 123-2 version as well.

Can it be done? If so what parts do I need?

Thanks..

carrot

Flashaholic
The 123^2 setup is the only one that requires a different head. That is because it takes a higher input voltage than the other heads do.

To get the tactical/programmable UI you will need to buy the tactical/programmable head. To get the forward clicky you will have to buy one of those as well. You may choose to just buy a brand new light at that point, for instance the AA^2 which will be perfectly compatible with what you've currently got, but the 123^2 will not.

All of the Quark parts are fully thread compatible, but not all are electronically compatible. As I noted all of the 123^2 heads may only take 4.2-9.0v, and all the others rest can take 1.0-4.2v. The only exception to this is the Quark MiNis which are not compatible at all with the regular, tactical, or turbo Quarks.

Ragiska

Flashaholic*
nevermind, i thought you wanted to put that tailcap on a regular quark. yes, that tailcap on a tactical quark will be what you want.

umc

Enlightened
Grrrrrr, this will be the second time tonight I've typed something only to have my POS PC and network connection cause me to have to re-type it.

anyway, here goes, lets see if I can remember.

From what I've learned just now by reading a little more and watching the video of the Quark Tactical, programmable mode is only good for programming two modes which for me would be moonlight and max which is how the regulars come and what I would want anyway so that isn't what I'm looking for. Also with that you only have an on and off with that clicky, no moonlight, low, medium, high strobe(s). Is that correct?

If so I like my various levels, now is that function of the reverse clicky or can that be had with the forward clicky as well?

If only with the reverse then I'm thinking I'll just stick with the Regular Quarks and be quite happy.

Thanks again for any help.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
If so I like my various levels, now is that function of the reverse clicky or can that be had with the forward clicky as well?

If only with the reverse then I'm thinking I'll just stick with the Regular Quarks and be quite happy.

Thanks again for any help.

You will be able to get all of the modes using either a Forward Clicky or a Reverse Clicky, but the method of cycling through them will be quite a bit different and I think a lot of people find multimode lights and forward clicky switches are an awkward combination.

umc

Enlightened
You will be able to get all of the modes using either a Forward Clicky or a Reverse Clicky, but the method of cycling through them will be quite a bit different and I think a lot of people find multimode lights and forward clicky switches are an awkward combination.

Ok, cool. I'll give it a try as I prefer a forward clicky. It's nice to know that I can have all of those modes and a forward clicky in the same light.