With deepest regrets, ledaholic

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bob Longfellow, (ledaholic) passed away unexpectedly Monday. His Family has contacted me, and I will pass on info as I receive it.

The memorial service will be

Sat Mar. 13, 2pm – 5pm
Florence United Methodist Church
302 East Curry Street
Florence, TX 76527
(254) 793-2535

Bob was always there to help me with anything, flashlight projects, machining, even flipping burgers on the grill. I talked to him on Monday, it was just like any other day, we talked about the DFW GTG and made plans. He said he'd email me when he got home from work.

Bob will be deeply missed by all. My deepest condolences to his family.

IMG_7585.jpg

Last edited:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
While I never knew Bob personally, I know that I have seen and benefited from his posts. My condolences on the loss of a good friend and a fellow CPF'er and the warmest wishes to Bob's family.

wquiles

Flashaholic
Oh man, definitely a sad day. Bob was definitely one of the good guys - it hurts to think we lost a good man, even more so when it happens so suddenly. My most sincere condolences to his family.

Will

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to see him go. I never knew him personally, but his posts were helpful!
Healing thoughts to his family and friends..

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I"m glad I got to meet him the the last event in Dallas. Based on my brief encounter, he was a very giving person who enjoyed blessing other people.

Really sad, and I feel a heavy weight even though I barely knew him

I'm very sorry for his family as I"m sure he will be missed.

NightReaper

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the kind words. I am Bob's nephew and he is going to be missed severely. I know he loved this place and the guys and gals that post on here almost as much as he loved his flashlights. :)

I'll be seeing yall around here from now on when I have flashlight questions (I suffer from the disease of flashlights as well.)

Thanks again guys! We appreciate it and I know he will miss yall as well.

Jonathan

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
although i only met him for a few hours at the last DFW get-together he seemed like one of those few genuinely good people one gets to meet in their life, your family will be in my prayers jonathan

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you all for the kind words. I am Bob's nephew and he is going to be missed severely. I know he loved this place and the guys and gals that post on here almost as much as he loved his flashlights. :)

I'll be seeing yall around here from now on when I have flashlight questions (I suffer from the disease of flashlights as well.)

Thanks again guys! We appreciate it and I know he will miss yall as well.

Jonathan

Speaking of creepy... Jonathan, did you have to pick that name?

Just wondering! :welcome:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm very sorry to see such a renown, helpful, member go to that great light in the sky, but I'm sure he's happy, and in time, we living shall be too. His words of helpfulness will always be here with us. Thanks for everything you do, LEDaholic!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm so sorry to hear this news. Ledaholic is one of those names I remember from my first steps here at CPF. Go in peace, Bob.

Geoff