Lists: do you read them?

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is kind of off topic so it's The Cafe material but it still involves flashlights!

I've noticed that people really like their lists here....as in name all of your lights, what lights do you carry in your car...what are your top five flashlights, etc.

My question is ... if it's a long thread do you read all of the other posters lists or just post yours and move on?

If you don't read all of the others and if no one else does either... what is the point of you posting your list if no one is going to read it and you already know what you have.:)

Not an earth shattering question but I've fallen into the trap myself a few times. Someone will ask "What lights are in your house...for some reason I'll answer...I don't read all 50 posts of the 10 lights each that each person lists because it's not even a particularly interesting question...and I catch myself wondering why I'm even responding to the post:)

Anyone else wonder the same thing or do you read them all?

don.gwapo

Enlightened
I didn't read this either. Oh wait yeah I read it. :D. I read them all but if it a long thread I read 1-2 pages then continue reading them later on. It's nice to know about other people know-how on a particular topic.

vali

Enlightened
I read all the posts in a thread I want to write in, even if it have 100+ pages (obviously that dont happens in CPF), but I have to say I dont do it in list topics.

ejot

Enlightened
I don't read every line but do skim them, sort of.

I think the thread is still useful for being linked to from your sig. That way someone can read your list if they're actually curious about it for whatever reason. Better than lists of lights in sigs. :sick2:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'll give some of the lists at least a quick scan. It's always nice to see if your favorite lights and things are popular with other people.

Geoff

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I read some lists, and not others--it depends on whether I'm interested in the topic at hand. Actually, the same can be said for every thread and forum out there. When threads start to get really long, with multiple "chapters/parts" though, it is almost impossible to keep up with.

Starlight

Enlightened
A poll is much too simple. I think we should list the threads about lists that we like the "best". Or maybe, just a "top 5" list of the threads about lists.

Last edited: