how do I remove the switch from my PD30 to replace with tactical one?

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a tactical switch from 4-7's to replace the current one, but don't know how to remove the old one. Any help would be fantabulous.

Thanks,
Dan

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inside the tailcap there's a ring with two holes that holds the switch and the rubber boot. With a pair of long nose pliers you simply unscrew this ring and replace the switch.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
tried that, but I think mines glued in or something. Was told by 4-7s this might be the case. Now what:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Dan

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean you are not able to unscrew the ring?

Try to soften up the glue by warming the tailcap. The switch is made of plastic, do not melt it.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll try that. Even if I fry the current switch, as long as I get it out, I have two other switches to replace it with.

Thanks,:thumbsup:
Dan

sed6

Enlightened
The threads on the switch in my new LD10 are reverse threads. If you have a newer PD30 they are likely reverse threads also. Try that.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
The threads on the switch in my new LD10 are reverse threads. If you have a newer PD30 they are likely reverse threads also. Try that.

Yes try in reverse if that don't work it may be glued I have see a few like that and it sucks best bet is to boil it if its glued.

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Boil it? If that doesn't work then I'm stuck with a switch that doesn't work in a non functioning light. Guess I have no choice then.

Thanks to all.

Dan