Surefire L5 Lumamax....Looks Different than Pictured?

chef4850

Enlightened
I just recieved a L5 from Surefire last night and it looks different than any of the pictures on sites. The head is a little different and says kl5a. Trust me this is not a complaint as I like it better than the pictures and it is a really supurb light! :thumbsup:

So can anyone tell me anything about the difference or is the pictures just off. i looked at the head alone and it was in the $150.00 range and I only paid $195 for the light.

Please do not ask for pictures as I do not have a way to do them. Thansk for any input.

Chef

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
We NEED pics!!

The KL5A is the newer version using a Seoul instead of a Lux V.

The outside of the light should be the same as the KL5..the bottom collar where the body screws on might be slightly different.
There is a sharp angled version and a rounded edge version.

chef4850

Enlightened
then the one that I recieved is the newer version. Thanks for the response. I am sorry I can not do pictures as my only computer is at work (if I had one at home that would also turn into work and the wife would not like that much). Thanks

Chef

kramer5150

Flashaholic
threadisworthless.jpg

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of there best heads, that for sure...did you order it diectly from SF...my KL5A looked just like the one on the web-site...if you ordered it from somewhere else, the picture could have been the original KL5, that was rounded down (tapered) as it met the body of the light, instead of the "shelf" on the newer head.

Why did i sell mine??? :scowl:

Oh, to get my U2...:naughty:

The KL5A puts out the best beam of any SF I own...
I definitely need to get another for my C3, that's for sure...

Does your look like this:

HPIM0743.jpg

Last edited: