The Best Gun Light

flashlight-newbie

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

After much searching, I now know what I want in a flashlight, but can't find it...

- adjustable beam/focus
- narrow beam out to 200m, for night-time vermin control
- 200+ lumens
- adjustable brightness
- removable remote pressure swich
- long lasting led/battery life
- water resistant

I can get each of these, but not all in the same torch!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Databyter

Enlightened
Hi,

After much searching, I now know what I want in a flashlight, but can't find it...

- adjustable beam/focus
- narrow beam out to 200m, for night-time vermin control
- 200+ lumens
- adjustable brightness
- removable remote pressure swich
- long lasting led/battery life
- water resistant

I can get each of these, but not all in the same torch!

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Lose the unecesary adjustable beam/focus, and just select the one that already has the beam you need for your gun.

This will open up a world of possibilities.

I was going to open a gun light thread myself with some different questions, but I'll resist the urge to hijack this one =)

flashlight-newbie

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

.22 Rife (LR) for night time vermin.

Also want the flashlight to doubhle as a 'normal' hand-held torch.

Thanks,

b

-------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your help...should have mentioned budget!! M4 is £300+ in the UK!

Thinking Eagletac T20C2 is best compromise...

- 300 lumens
- 3 brightnesses

Gun is .22 rimfire.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

B

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on the info provided,

The only weapon mountable/tape switch operated light I know that will reach out two football fields (effectively) is the Surefire M4. It's only available in incan for now, but when the M3TL heads come out, that'll change. The M4 is your best bet now and meets your waterproof/removable tape switch/200M/200 lumen criteria. It also has all the parts to mount it readily available. When the M3TL head comes out this year (hopefully), you can use that to replace the incan head of the M4. You may have to put a battery spacer in there though deppending on the operating voltage of the M3TL head. To see the specs of the M3TL head, check out Surefires 2010 catalog on their web-site.

The M4 weapon mounted variant ("Leopard Light") was designed as a sniper target ID/distraction light.

Like DB said, forget the adjustable brightness/focus.

Is it for a Rem 700???

Hope this helps!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Based on the info provided,

The only weapon mountable/tape switch operated light I know that will reach out two football fields (effectively) is the Surefire M4. It's only available in incan for now, but when the M3TL heads come out, that'll change. The M4 is your best bet now and meets your waterproof/removable tape switch/200M/200 lumen criteria. It also has all the parts to mount it readily available. When the M3TL head comes out this year (hopefully), you can use that to replace the incan head of the M4. You may have to put a battery spacer in there though deppending on the operating voltage of the M3TL head. To see the specs of the M3TL head, check out Surefires 2010 catalog on their web-site.

The M4 weapon mounted variant ("Leopard Light") was designed as a sniper target ID/distraction light.

Like DB said, forget the adjustable brightness/focus.

Is it for a Rem 700???

Hope this helps!
+1

I agree with that, 100%.

lurcher man

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

.22 Rife (LR) for night time vermin.

Also want the flashlight to doubhle as a 'normal' hand-held torch.

Thanks,

b

-------------------

Hi,

Thanks for your help...should have mentioned budget!! M4 is £300+ in the UK!

Thinking Eagletac T20C2 is best compromise...

- 300 lumens
- 3 brightnesses

Gun is .22 rimfire.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

B
Have a look at Dereelight DBS V3.It has a 200m spot beam & dereeight now list a remote pressure switch on there site.I use one for pest control with my dogs.Bet used with the warm tint led.Flashaholics uk have these leds in stock [dereelight soldout].Dont know what scope mount you could use though.Happy hunting.