You think Surefire would ever make an MNO4?

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
How many would purchase a 120 Lumen bulb for the E2E (Even though you love your new L4!) if it were available. Anyone ever inquire about this??

Just dreaming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i'm sure they've done some experimentation with it, but have reasons not to do it.

120 lumens is a lot of heat for such a small package, that's my guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire will not be releasing an "MN04" or any High Output Lamp Assembly for the E2e.

Al

P.S.
yclo is right, some members have modified a P61 into the E2e...

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
SureFire would never produce this, since thermal-shutdown would occur in a matter of minutes (7-10) according to my estimatations. Even if they refined the process and added some effecientcies and achieved 15-minutes, they would not want to market such an item.

Azreal911

Enlightened
I also think surefire would not make a high output bulb in the E2E because it doesn't fit their lineup of "personal lights" Their high output bulbs seems to be mainly reserved for their more tactical lights market.

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
E2E4ME said:
How many would purchase a 120 Lumen bulb for the E2E (Even though you love your new L4!) if it were available. Anyone ever inquire about this??

Just dreaming. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As others have mentioned above, there's no reason to dream. I have a 120 lumen E2, and so do many other members. It's not done with an MN04, it's a mod, but it works really really well. You can contact this_is_nascar for more details, he's making the modified bezel/assembly that makes the whole thing work.

Basically, he starts with an E2e bezel, adds a spacer to add just a touch more length to the bezel, then removes the reflector from a P61 lamp, does a little magic, and voila! P61 120 lumen lamp in an E2e. Not sure that it actually blows the whole 120 lumens, but it's astoundingly bright. Also gets warm quickly, so you have to understand the limitations.

Joe

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have run the P90 and P91 in the Dspeck UBH and I've found so few applications for that much light. I use the E2, A2, and Kl1 are much more frequently.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is my E2e body + C2 bezel + Dspeck Adaptor + P61 + Z57 Clickie. Sweet, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

fbd2cf69.jpg

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can slap a KT-head and an N2 on it as well...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
You can slap a KT-head [...]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Somehow at first I thought you were talking about my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
I can't wait for my Dspeck adaptor! I hope I'll get it within a couple weeks. The P61 is so much nicer to EDC than the MN03.

How is the C2 head and E2e body when you clip it inside your front pocket? Is it awkward?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fox...Nah, it's fine inside my pocket. That's why I love this combo for times when I know I'll be going out at night, but entering possible hostile situations...such as going clubbing! haha. Never know when a fight's gonna break out and then I'd have to go blind people and kick them in the groin while they cover their eyes. haha!

paulr

Flashaholic
Why do you like the C3/P61 head better than the much smaller modded E2e head with the P61 lamp inside?

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I'm sure the E2e head modded would be great...It's just that I used the adaptor a long time ago, before I knew Nascar was modding them. I just never had a chance to get that done.

FoxMulder

Newly Enlightened
The modded head costs $65 and it has a smaller reflector and retains heat more.

Although for short bursts, the modded E2e head with P61 would be awsome. I just don't know if I want to shell out that much money for it. What if the bulb blows after a few minutes...I have to get another modded bulb...