Lenser P5 lens (damaged?)

roguekiller23231

Newly Enlightened
i just got a Lenser P5, on opening it I saw that there is a sort of chip taken out of the lens, it's more on the inside up agains the houseing, so to me it looks like it was done in the manufacturing process rather then anything else.

I was trying to contact lenser about it, but after a week i'd given up, so emailed a seller of it and they said it's a authentication marking in the lens the the P series has, but i've been looking all over the net, havnt seen any decent pics of the P5 to be able to see the lens, and havnt been able to see the lens in any videos.

so question is, anyone know if there right, and that it's a manufactering mark rather then a defect??

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a manufacturing mark, not a defect, mine has the same thing. Something to do with the way they manufacture the lens, its a mould mark or semthing like that. Don't worry about about it, just use the light and enjoy the focusing ability

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is in fact a mold mark. All P series has this mark. It has no detrimental effect on the lens or the beam pattern.

Bill