RRT-0 help...

Brian321

Enlightened
I am wanting to buy my first jetbeam...the RRT-0. My question is did they ever fix the circuitry problem with primary cells? And which would be better for my uses OP or SMO reflector, I will be using it for night hikes as backup, and for EDC, around the house,etc.... I dont want the dark rings from the SMO reflector but i would like decent throw with decent flood. will OP reflector give me this?

andrewnewman

Enlightened
I have a second run RRT-0. Yes they fixed the circuitry problem with primaries and the unit now reliably tail stands. I would propose the OP reflector as it still provides plenty of throw (for a one cell handheld light) and is far nicer spill-wise for close quarters or indoors. Nice transition from hot spot and no rings. Get the AA extender if you intend to use it for any hiking as it provides the widest range of battery choices (pretty much any cell in xx123 format or AA format).

gilly

Enlightened
Definitely go with the OP reflector - throw is still pretty impressive. I recently saw in another thread that the Surefire F04 diffuser fits nicely on the RRT-0 as well. Had one kicking around and it does fit perfectly! Popping the F04 on makes the light so much more useful for close in tasks. You'll enjoy it - a great light.

sed6

Enlightened
I am wanting to buy my first jetbeam...the RRT-0. My question is did they ever fix the circuitry problem with primary cells?

No they didn't fix the problem. There's still a pronounced pre-flash and the light get's stuck on low with a fresh primary. I sent mine back to Lightjunction for replacement and they told me EVERY one they had in stock exhibited the same problems. Buyer beware. My $.02 move on to a different brand. I've had two different Jetbeams with **** poor circuits, the RRT-0 and Jet-III PRO ST BVC. I'm done with the brand.

J242

Newly Enlightened
I just picked one up from going gear. It has no pre-flash and it can tail stand. The only issue with the light is that on the three lower modes you can here a whining/ sizzling noise. Is the noise an issue?

A lot of light and throw out of this small light.

A CO2 paintball tank o-ring fit's perfectly in that little space.
P4090253.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently got mine from bugoutgear and before ordering I called and asked about the bugs and I was told all has been fixed in the models they now have. I have had none of the problems mentioned above so I say buy it and buy it with the OP reflector. Keep in mind even with the textured reflector I still have a ring around the hot spot.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have no problems with the 2nd generation RRT-0. My 1st generation had problems with short runtime with RCR123 batteries, but my new RRT-0 works flawlessly. Get the 2nd generation RRT-0 with the OP reflector and AA extender. It's a great light.
No they didn't fix the problem. There's still a pronounced pre-flash and the light get's stuck on low with a fresh primary. I sent mine back to Lightjunction for replacement and they told me EVERY one they had in stock exhibited the same problems. Buyer beware. My $.02 move on to a different brand. I've had two different Jetbeams with **** poor circuits, the RRT-0 and Jet-III PRO ST BVC. I'm done with the brand.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think im going to order one of these. How does it compare to the Quark Mini 123?

Well its a lot bigger then the Mini the Mini has wider spill but the RRT throws way better. I think the RRT with it's selector ring is about as good a pocket light as you can get. Its very well made. I think the Mini belongs on a keychain and the RRT in a pocket or clipped to a pocket.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
My 2nd run RRT-0 has no preflash, and no other problems. It has worked perfectly as my EDC light for the last 2 months. I would also recommend OP, the beam is really great.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened

This is why I would love to own a JetBeam but will not until they really get it together.

Too bad, I have been tempted by the RRT-0 but will continue to pass.

Maybe the third or fourth generation will be worth a sniff....

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is why I would love to own a JetBeam but will not until they really get it together.

Too bad, I have been tempted by the RRT-0 but will continue to pass.

Maybe the third or fourth generation will be worth a sniff....

Why? From my experience with a new RRT-0 everything has been fixed and just searching CPF it seems most people with new (v.2) has no problems either.

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Why? From my experience with a new RRT-0 everything has been fixed and just searching CPF it seems most people with new (v.2) has no problems either.

I am interested, but will still hold off. I love the format of the light and it's flexibility, but am still seeing complaints like we have had on past JB's.

Unless you can change my mind;), this is cpf after all and an impulse buy is always just a click away for us junkies.

How is your tint and what kind of runtimes are you getting (if you don't mind) on both power sources?

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you post the link to the threads that show people having problems with the new version I must have missed them.

I did a simple runtime with 14500 with 7 mins. on and 10min off. It ran for 48 mins. regualted before turning off.

I did the same for CR123 and it seemed to start dimming around the 40min mark but it had a slow decline in output and ran for over an hour untill turned off.

My tint is white with some cool in it. It's pretty good no green or angry blue.

curiousone1

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2nd gen RRT-0 and it has worked flawlessly. I too would suggest OP reflector - and also get the extender tube so you can run CR123s/RCR123s and AAs.

bthrel

Newly Enlightened
I have a 2nd gen RRT-0 and it has worked flawlessly. I too would suggest OP reflector - and also get the extender tube so you can run CR123s/RCR123s and AAs.

+1 to this post, I have a V2 RRT-0, no probs, my EDC light 90% of the time. Also have the rest of the raptor line and love them all..:thumbsup:

Brian

hotlight

Enlightened

my v.2- NO problems. didn't like the selector ring(not my "style"), too big for pocket carry(imo) and didn't like the insecure feeling clip. sold it, but it is a great light, with good throw, and a nice white tint on high.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
My first gen RRT-0 did have a couple problems, the worst being that it would only fun on high for a couple minutes before shutting down. I was all kinds of pissed and it was returned and promptly replaced with a new unit that works flawlessly. This light is an awesome light with a great interface and is beautiful at the same time. Certainly one of my favs!

Chauncey Gardner

Enlightened
Ok, ok:mad: this place costs a fortune to hang out in.

:naughty: You guys have convinced me to give one a shot.

Anyone care to comment on throw on this light compared to what I have at home in single CR123 lights like the Olight Infinitum, D-Mini classic (final version smo & op reflectors), Fenix pd20. Or an Olight M20premuim in a 2cell light (apples & oranges I know).

I live in the sticks and like the throwy pocket lights for walking at night. The Mini is usually what I grab.

Guess I won't be getting that brass Logan this month...thanks for any responses.