New Hyper-Lux I and Hyper-Lux V Flashlights

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
We now have the new Hyper-Lux I (1 watt) completely waterproof light
Hyper-Lux V (5 watt) dive light available. I even have some special custom Splash ano colors available.

TnC%20Products%20New%20Mini-Lux%20Star%20lights%20007_jpg.jpg

TnC%20Products%20New%20Mini-Lux%20Star%20lights%20036_jpg.jpg

Come check them out HERE

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering the same thing - do your lights use current or voltage regulation? (Are you using the micro-puck to provide the regulation by any chance?)

They look quite nice!
Pat

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
And what is the bin rating of the 1 and 5 watt Luxeon Stars?

Nice lights!

Why do you have a 4, 123a, 5 watt light? Are you overdriving it, or what?

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually use a simple resistor to regulate the current.

The Bin I use on my 5 watt Lights are WVW!!!!!! Nice White Light.

The Bin I use on my 1 watt lights are Q3!! Pure White!!!!

I could post some replies I have gotten on these lights. The people that have bought one have been returning customers and purchasing more. This is always a good thing.

jcciv

Newly Enlightened
Hear Hear!!! As a return customer, I am a big supporter of these lights. The thing that I like best is that they are completely custom lights, and they are different from any other flashlight that you see. I have the 4 cell 5W version with the rocker switch, and the 3 cell 5W Dive light, both in Red/Orange Anno. These lights are works of art. I will post some pictures in the Reviews forum soon.

tattoou2

Enlightened
I also am more than happy with my Hyper-Lux 1 in black/orange. White as white can be, and it is really a work of art. Saving pennies to get a 5W!

tattoou2

Enlightened
Found some pennies and just ordered a red/black splash 5W Lux-Star from you. This will be a nice companion to my Hyper-Lux I. Thanks, Chris!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris:

We've corresponded in the past but I couldn't quite talk myself into buying the one of the (edit) 4 * 123 cell 5 Watt lights earlier. (I think you were able to source only bins "U" and "V" at that time.)

I'm blown away by your Hyper-Lux V, however, with its looks and Bin W luxeon. I just sent a Paypal for one of your blue ones.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Chris:

Thanks for the prompt shipping committment.

I hope I'm lucky and the Hyper-Lux V ID is wide enough to accomodate a pair of Copia / Pila A sized Li-Ions. As you probably know, they are a smidge fatter than 123's.

I wonder how the resistor will impact the relative performance of 2 Li-Ions vs' 3 123's. I've observed that both of my direct drive 5 watters draw more current from a pair of Li-Ions than they do from 3 @ 123's.

I recall that you previously commented about making a Li-Ion flashlight, so I hope that you've covered this base.

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Probably be interested in both.They look great.Does it put out more of a beam or a flood.It would be nice to get one that puts out a tight beam.
Thanks.
SHINER.

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Hyper-Lux I puts out a nice tight 6 deg beam. The Hyper-Lux V uses a 6 deg. optic but doesn't quite put out as tight of a beam. But does a much better job than just a flood.

Chris

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
Dang!!! I knew you were gonna say that .Guess I am gonna have to buy both.
Thanks.
SHINER.
aka>CHRIS

Overamp

Newly Enlightened
Hi Chris, welcome to CPF. I just ordered a silver HL5-WVW from your web site. Is the aluminum case treated or coated with anything. Thanks Bruce

TnC_Products

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Bruce,

Thanks for the welcome. I got your order and will ship out tomorrow! I use a Clear Anodizing on my silver flashlights to protect the aluminum.

Thanks
Chris

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gee....Only 3 posted orders so far. I guess not as many people have read the prior rave posts on Chris' products, particularly the attractiveness of his machined parts and anodizing.

I'm not a repeat customer, but I have no doubt I'll be thrilled with my order.

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
No doubt I'll be ordering a couple.But will have to be next week.
They are very nice looking lights.
SHINER.
aka>CHRIS