Whats so good about a Gatlight?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you really going to use it? Or it will be in a classy shelf?

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love a GatLight :D

Can't afford one at the moment however :(

It would be a cool pocket carry light I reckon!

carrot

Flashaholic
Well you either get it or you don't. There's no shame in saying you don't get it... I don't. :shrug:

But, despite me not "getting it," I will say is it is a beautifully made light, with a very cool user interface, and there's nothing else quite like it out there!

don.gwapo

Enlightened
If i'm rich i'm gona buy that light and use it regularly. This light is a piece of art. Attention to detail is top notch. Just read the reviews of this light and you'll know why.

Brian321

Enlightened
Well you either get it or you don't. There's no shame in saying you don't get it... I don't. :shrug:

But, despite me not "getting it," I will say is it is a beautifully made light, with a very cool user interface, and there's nothing else quite like it out there!
Well it is an awesome looking light, thats why i want it. But im not sure i would ant to use a light that cost that much.

carrot

Flashaholic
I use my $500 McLux every day of the week. It is my EDC and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Lights this expensive are designed to be used... and used hard! Not using them is doing a real disservice to the maker.

Brian321

Enlightened
I use my $500 McLux every day of the week. It is my EDC and I wouldn't trade it for anything else. Lights this expensive are designed to be used... and used hard! Not using them is doing a real disservice to the maker.
Yea thats why i dont know if i wanna spend that much because i would be afraid to lose it if i used it, but it would be a waist of money if i didnt use it. What to do :shrug:

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can't afford to lose it you probably either shouldn't buy it or you should not use it and just consider it to be art.

To me something like the Gatlight is just about art. Sure it's functional which means you can take it off the shelf and turn it on every now and then but otherwise...put it back on the shelf.:)

Or...don't buy it:)

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want it for arts sake, go buy some art. It's a fugly thing in my eye.

Don't see the point if you're not gonna use it-can't afford to lose it.

I never buy ANYTHING I can't afford to lose. That's why the most I'll ever spend on a light is $200, it only represents a days work, which is neither here nor there in the real world.

Brian321

Enlightened
If you want it for arts sake, go buy some art. It's a fugly thing in my eye.

Don't see the point if you're not gonna use it-can't afford to lose it.

I never buy ANYTHING I can't afford to lose. That's why the most I'll ever spend on a light is $200, it only represents a days work, which is neither here nor there in the real world.
Well its not really i CAN'T afford to lose it, But who would want to lose a $500 light? :crazy:

carrot

Flashaholic
Well its not really i CAN'T afford to lose it, But who would want to lose a $500 light? :crazy:
Personally, I would rather take the chance at losing a $500 light than miss out on the experience of enjoying one every day for years.

Put it this way, you only have one life, do you spend every day of it inside avoiding all sorts of horrible accidental deaths? No, because that would be boring.

I have a $500 flashlight. Right now I couldn't really afford to replace it. Do I keep it inside and have it sit on a shelf, worried I might scratch it, damage it or lose it? Heck no, I want to enjoy it. Leaving it in a safe or on a shelf would be boring.

Also, it's only money. You can always make more of it. Why waste your money or time buying cheap things that aren't satisfying? If you crave the best you might as well have the best. This is why I tend to stick with customs, Surefires, etc.

As long as you aren't putting yourself into ridiculous debt, there is no reason to not enjoy your hobbies.

don.gwapo

Enlightened
Personally, I would rather take the chance at losing a $500 light than miss out on the experience of enjoying one every day for years.

Put it this way, you only have one life, do you spend every day of it inside avoiding all sorts of horrible accidental deaths? No, because that would be boring.

I have a $500 flashlight. Right now I couldn't really afford to replace it. Do I keep it inside and have it sit on a shelf, worried I might scratch it, damage it or lose it? Heck no, I want to enjoy it. Leaving it in a safe or on a shelf would be boring.

Also, it's only money. You can always make more of it. Why waste your money or time buying cheap things that aren't satisfying? If you crave the best you might as well have the best. This is why I tend to stick with customs, Surefires, etc.

As long as you aren't putting yourself into ridiculous debt, there is no reason to not enjoy your hobbies.
+1 on that. No no no make that +10.
Live life to the fullest everyday and get yourself a gatlight and your life will even be greater and brighter.

LeifUK

Enlightened
This light is a piece of art.

It leaves me cold, but I guess it must be jewellery/art. When quartz watches appeared, and threatened to destroy the Swiss watch industry, the Swiss eventually realised that they could no longer sell a mechanical watch on a functional basis, but they could sell them as pieces of high quality engineering for their own sake. That torch perverts the maxim that form should follow function. But if it appeals why not. After all it keeps engineers in work. And if you have that much money, it is your duty to re-circulate it into the economy.