Ripoffs Holsters Applications

B

BULLDOG

On their website it doesn't tell which holster is good for the E2E. It looks like a popular one if the CO-30 for the G2 & 6P. What about the G2Z? Any help on the applications would be appreciated.

B

BULLDOG

Got the list, thanks! Last question though so you guys like the padded PAC clotch or the regular nylon?

Skyline

Enlightened
Depends on the application. I have a CO-51S with padded nylon for my cell phone, but a CO-30 with tactical nylon for my G2Z.

Generally, it seems the tactical nylon Ripoffs are more compact. I also have a CO-63 for the 6P, and it's bulkier than the CO-30.

I recently ordered a CO-124 (originally designed for the Inova X5) for my L4, and unfortunately, it only comes in the padded cloth. I'll get it Monday, so I'll find out if it's bulky or not.

avusblue

Enlightened
Skyline, please do update us when it arrives, I am still searching for the ideal holster for L4 duty, and I'm sure many others are too. Thanks!

Dave

B

BULLDOG

I have the CO-124 coming in stock next week I hope they fir the L4 also.

B

BULLDOG

I was just emailed and told the CO-124 fits the L4 perfectly.

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:I recently ordered a CO-124 (originally designed for the Inova X5) for my L4, and unfortunately, it only comes in the padded cloth. I'll get it Monday, so I'll find out if it's bulky or not.

[/ QUOTE ] I use a CO-124 for my L4 and it fit's great. And no it's not bulky.

richpalm

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Bulldog said:
On their website it doesn't tell which holster is good for the E2E. It looks like a popular one if the CO-30 for the G2 & 6P. What about the G2Z? Any help on the applications would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I carry two lights, I use the CO-86. One sleeve holds the M3 perfectly and the 2nd sleeve is good for a G2. I fit my Z3 in the 2nd sleeve with no problem. It is not padded so it is not bulky at all. There is a 3rd pocket behind the first two, hardly noticeable. Good for a couple of pens, etc.

However, I wanted a single sleeve for the M3 also. Ripoffs website said CO-112 was good for that-so I got one and it turned out to be padded. Rats!! Too fat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich

Skyline

Enlightened
I just got my CO-124. It's a pretty good fit on the body of the L4. The flap should really be a bit longer for the ideal fit. Right now, only about half the velcro is attached.

For padded nylon, it's less bulky than my CO-63. Still, it's not quite as compact as the CO-3O, even though the CO-30 holds larger lights!

My preference is still for tactical nylon for Ripoffs. They really need to make a L4 specific tac nylon holster. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
I just got my CO-124. It's a pretty good fit on the body of the L4. The flap should really be a bit longer for the ideal fit. Right now, only about half the velcro is attached.

[/ QUOTE ] That's weird my flap fit's my L4 just perfectly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
I've tried many Ripoffs holsters and agree that they are well designed and benefit from excellent quality control

Unfortunately, they are usually bulkier than the proprietary holsters they are intended to replace, and often bigger than some alternate choices, and I will only use them if I have no where else to turn.

The CO 124 may have been designed for the X5 but it is significantly larger than the MAG 2AAA holster which fits it with snug perfection, if a bit tight at first.

For an example of a beautifully executed holster that is minimal in size but highly functional, take a look at Surefire's holster for the 9P. It is so compact and slim that when I EDC'd the 9P for several weeks I wasn't even aware of its presence.

Ripoffs Stinger HP/HPXT holster is one of their better ones which will also nicely accommodate a D3 plus SRTH.

Brightnorm