Sigman - YOU started it...

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Now how do you prepare your Rib Eye's for the BBQ?

I was telling my family about how you smoke Rib Eye's before putting them on the grill. We tried some last night. I smoked them for 2 hours in my Little Chief and threw them on the grill. They were very good, but I am looking for GREAT!

I think you mentioned something about a marinade or something. I checked the authoritative volume on this (a "Taste" of the Outdoors by G.F. Fowler) and could not remember if it was the Bear Marinade, Caribou Brown Sauce, Javelina Marinade, Opossum Marinade, River Raccoon Marinade, or something else you had come up with.

Please Rick, can you shed some light on this?

Tom

JOshooter

Enlightened
Hey, this may not be who you are looking for, but I am his son. Well, most of the time no marinade is involved. We just put some Montreal Steak Seasoning on the steak and tenderize it thoroughly and place it in a Cookshack Pit BBQ. I have no idea whether the type of BBQer makes a difference, but we use chunks of mesquite wood, 2 oz., and smoke it for 45 minutes to 1 hour and finish the meat on a grill.

If memory serves me correctly, we did marinate it in Mr. Yoshida's Sweet & Savory Original Gourmet Sauce overnight and proceeded to smoke it for 45 minutes to 1 hour and finish on the grill and enjoy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"Mom, it's still moving on my plate." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
"Cookshack's Forums Entrance"

(BTW, they are running UBBS warez!) Get into their "Forums" area, you don't need to be a registered member to "lurk" (just like here)...TONS of info and recipes!!

Yep #1 son (CPF "brite one") has it mostly correct, however those are two different tastes/preps he has described. I wouldn't mix the Montreal seasoning with the Yoshidas...however, one never knows. It may be the next "business venture" you get involved in..."Silverfox's Secret BBQ Pit".

The recipe archives/favorites on their website are my "total source" (well almost "total").

BTW, if you would decide to get one...check out the price through Cabela's, their total with shipping may be a little better...

(Had smoked & grilled "Chuck Eye" steaks tonight!!)

YEAH! THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT!!

SilverFox

Flashaholic
That's what I forgot, the Montreal Steak Seasoning. I knew something was missing.

I guess we will have to try it again...

Thanks,
Tom