4Sevens Quark Mini CR2 Ti.

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
"If you can't beat them, join them."
Today, I see thing diffrent,
4Seven selling the Quark Mini CR2 Ti for $99 come with 2 batteries, that's it.
Anything come in the mail after that is a bonus.:)
Anybody with me?

X Racer

Enlightened
"If you can't beat them, join them."
Today, I see thing diffrent,
4Seven selling the Quark Mini CR2 Ti for $99 come with 2 batteries, that's it.
Anything come in the mail after that is a bonus.:)
Anybody with me?

Considering that I have been waiting for another awesome CR2 light for my watch pocket, I'd say that I am with you all the way. Not that there is anything wrong with my Aeon, but I love my Ti Mini 123 but it is a little too big for comfy watch pocket carry. I think it is a great deal either way personally...

scout24

Flashaholic
I agree with you, and am glad that they did not sell out right away, I was able to snag one. Perhaps 4sevens set the bar for price impossibly low with the AA and 123? Who knows, Should definitely be a cool little light! :grin2:

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody with me?

Not I. I don't like titanium. :nana: I am kind of hoping that the lure of tiny and titanium makes it sell like hotcakes ... so they produce an aluminum model for me soon.

I am interested in seeing runtime graphs compared to the Mini 123 Ti once they start shipping. They drop about a third of the mass for heatsinking from the 123 to CR2 models. Both are close to the same OTF lumens. If the drop in output is just a tiny drop in drive current it would be interesting to see the effects of potential thermal droop. Of course it could be the exact same driver and they simply rate it a little lower to account for the thermal droop. Either way an interesting comparison even if I never get my aluminum model.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want an aluminum one really bad. My Mini 123 al needs a little brother. And, it would also be a nice companion to my EZ CR2. Please make aluminum ones David.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aluminum is lighter, conducts heat better, and is less expensive. I'm waiting/hoping for an Al version :).

I think Al is also much better for twisty's.

From the specs it doesnt sound much smaller than the cr123 version but in picture comparisons it actually does look alot smaller, I may definitely consider one if they do release it in Al. I just worry about not being able to find one in a store in an emergency. I'll have to start looking around and see where they actually sell them.

carrot

Flashaholic
Titanium is stronger, wears much more gracefully, and looks better. If cheaper was always better why wouldn't we all buy our lights from DX?

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I just worry about not being able to find one in a store in an emergency"
We got lots of light, used all kind of batteries, who care about one light that run out of battery.
You can stock CR2 batteries if you want, try ebay.
If 4Seven come out Al version, I'll get it too.:paypal:

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I just worry about not being able to find one in a store in an emergency"
We got lots of light, used all kind of batteries, who care about one light that run out of battery.
You can stock CR2 batteries if you want, try ebay.
If 4Seven come out Al version, I'll get it too.:paypal:
This is clearly an EDC light though and if I got one I would use it as such. On an average day I only carry my edc. Of course getting cr2's online is easy, but if you're out and need a new battery that minute, cr2's seem to me like they could be difficult to find.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was hoping for aluminum but am almost glad they're
Ti as Im REALLY low on cash right now.
maybe someday they'll come out with aluminum ones..
til then I still LOVE my aluminum mini123
I would like a natty ano tho.
and am still looking forward to the
s1200!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

gnef

Enlightened
I just pulled the trigger on this light.

Honestly, I did not expect to get it at first because of the price, and I had previously carried a jill DD years ago, and sold that a while later.

I am giving this a try because it will be my first titanium light, and it will just be a backup on my keys to my main EDC, a Quark 123-2 Turbo. It is smaller than the mini123, which I have on a different set of keys, but considering this will be on my main keys with the Turbo in the same pocket, I wanted the smallest size possible within reason. My pockets already bulge with everything I put in there. Haha.

I definitely see this as an EDC light, but for me, I only see it as a backup EDC for use in emergencies, and usually for those, you don't absolutely need the high, and I expect the battery to last quite a while. This is actually why I am a fan of the Batteries for life program. (I posted in the B4L thread in the marketplace with more explanation)

I live in Atlanta, so once I get it in, I will do my best to post an update. I actually live fairly close to their factory, I wonder if they would let me pick it up on Monday or Tuesday...

jblackwood

Enlightened
I live in Atlanta, so once I get it in, I will do my best to post an update. I actually live fairly close to their factory, I wonder if they would let me pick it up on Monday or Tuesday...

Isn't their factory, or at least the factory they use to make their lights, in China? I'm jealous of you for living so close. I plan a visit to them this summer!

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
It looks like a cool light, and the B4L is an interesting concept. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out. I'm not sure why so much is being made of Ti's supposedly poor heat-sinking. How often do people expect to be running this light for extended periods on high? With only 40 minutes of burntime I personally would want to use the lower, power-conserving levels - not to mention that heat isn't an issue on those levels either, while providing ample illumination. I say the aesthetics and durability of titanium will outweigh the heat problems in a light of this type.

gnef

Enlightened
Isn't their factory, or at least the factory they use to make their lights, in China? I'm jealous of you for living so close. I plan a visit to them this summer!

Sorry, I mis-wrote, I meant warehouse, you are correct as far as my understanding goes.

berry580 - I have been carrying lithium lights in my pocket for years now, and currently keep the Quark 123-2 Turbo in my pocket, so this is tiny compared to that.

I think calling it an ezcr2 with quark interface is simplifying it way too much. I don't even fully understand the amount of engineering and time they had to spend on this light. It is more than just shrinking a light down and placing in the same electronics. They also spent the time to source and test the batteries they are offering with the light. I believe there to be a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not privy to.

Latest posts