20 Lies About the War

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Nice list...although it's getting kind of old now, people who are anti-war already know about all the lies, and people who are pro-war will say...I don't know...what they usually say. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif All I know now is that the lying will continue and so will the failures in this administration's foreign policy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

E__WOK

Newly Enlightened
Saddam is a great father figure. Why don't you move to Iraq? He won't kill you like he did to his family.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Am I the only anti-war person on this board? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Hawk, No, you are probably NOT the only anti-war person on this board. More than likely they have learned that disscussing religion and politics in public is like trying to teach a cat to do tricks......frustrates the trainer and it pisses off the cat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
In other words, you mean I'm outnumbered and should shut my mouth? I wonder how our country would be right now if that proved true for other events in history. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Precisely Roy! Its like this hawk, you'll either be "Preaching to the choir" or "Talking to a wall". By its very definition, liberalism is the tolerance of new ideas. Something that conservativism has shown that it is the antithesis of. I found something in last Sunday's newspaper that pretty well sums this up and I will post it despite knowing that it will be the equivalent of painting a target on my backsides. You can view it here. Later.

Dan

Greta

Flashaholic
ROTFLMAO!! Dan... thank you for the laugh!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

AlphaTea

Enlightened
Hawk said:
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, you mean I'm outnumbered and should shut my mouth?

[/ QUOTE ]
I usually go by the old saying...
It is better to remain silent and thought a fool
Than to speak and remove all doubt.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
WOW that did it for me, I have changed my mind. It's now obvious to me his murders of thousands, the use of WMD' against Iran and his own people was fabricated. His threats of using WMD against the US plus other coalition countries and even his invasion of Kuwait never happened. The only time in the last 20 years Saddam did horrible things and had WMD was from Jan. 1992-Dec. 2000 when we were being lead by a great man that knew how to punish the tyrant and bring him back in line. Saddam was especially bad in 1998, which is evidenced by the words and attacks by the great leader of the time and the rest of his party. If our then leader wouldn't have been so involved with "other" issues "pulling and pushing" him in other directions he would have done even more to eliminate the out of line actions. In the end, (Dec. 2000) Saddam was able to make the great leap from tyrant and murderer back to peace loving and honest man that harbored no ill will to the world and that destroyed all his WMD. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously
I am to the point of thinking we need to discontinue starting partisan threads for a while and just re-read old post to get our political fixes and frustrations satisfied, there's plenty. It's pretty clear which side of the political fence most of us are on and none of us are changing anyone's mind. How about someone start a nice thread on the inherent advantages and disadvantages of concrete -vs- asphalt roads. Haven't seen that one before, anybody have an opinion?

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
I suppose that it is popular in this country and this board to be intolerant of others now...maybe I should just shut my mouth... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I mean jeez...what is wrong with this place? I could go to the GOP Fundraiser forum and find maybe at least ONE person who agrees with me...you guys are like bashing me before I've even said anything...

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DieselDave said:
How about someone start a nice thread on the inherent advantages and disadvantages of concrete -vs- asphalt roads. Haven't seen that one before, anybody have an opinion?

[/ QUOTE ]

On Monday, Joseba Beloki of Spain challenged Lance Armstrong on the downhill section of the Gap at Le Tour De France. Due to the recent unusually hot temperatures, the asphalt on that particular turn was very slippery and Beloki slid, fell, and broke his right femur, elbow, and wrist, knocking him out of the tour. This seems to point to a deficiency in asphalt roads under high temperatures. It is likely that concrete roads would have provided more traction in this situation.

Discuss.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
.. you guys are like bashing me before I've even said anything...

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw what the heck... I'll bite. Besides... I don't want David to win his bet.

Here we go... one more time... for those who haven't been paying attention:

This subject has been discussed to death. Yes, not only is this horse dead but it is now foul smelling and rotting with maggots.

Hawk... you've been a member of CPF for almost a year now. It's just now coming as a surprise to you that the most vocal of the group is tilted toward the right? C'mon... where ya been? Not to mention that, the past few weeks have seen some pretty heated discussions here in the Cafe on this very same subject and one member even chose to leave CPF because, like you, he thought that we were all a bunch of intolerant thugs. When the truth of the matter is that we are just flat out sick and tired of this subject! We're sick and tired of it coming up and we're sick and tired of the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif all the time when the only TRUTH that any of us KNOW right now is that we don't know poop right now and all anyone is doing is talking out their *** and pointing fingers in order to bait.

You've been around long enough Hawk. Don't tell me you haven't been paying attention. And if you haven't, then perhaps you should make it a habit in the future to scan the recent threads to see if you are about to start a poop storm on yourself.

Greta

Flashaholic
WAIT UH MINUTE!!! Hawk didn't start this thread!! Where's Photonboy?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Hawk... you have my apology. I'm going to leave my post though because I think it still applies in some ways and perhaps will assist anyone else in the future.

hawkhkg11

Enlightened
Actually, I registered last year, as the date on my profile says, but I made one post and then became inactive until like 2 weeks ago, which I realized when I was looking for a place to discuss flashlights that there was CPF. Sorry if I haven't noticed. But nevertheless, I am just surprised about this demographic. I would assume a non-partisan hobby forum would pretty much have an equal amount of people on both sides of the spectrum. Guess I was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.