L4 or KL4????

Darkaway

Enlightened
One way or another, I'm going to buy a KL4 head. Soon. I already spent over $50.00 for a UBH to mount one on. I also already have an E2e which I believe will accept a KL4. I don't really need another body. On the other hand, I really would like to buy the complete flashlight but as of now I can't justify the added expense. The KL4 head alone runs about $45.00 less (Tactical Warehouse) than the complete flashlight. The extra money gets me a body, a Z57 clickie and a pair of batteries, none of which I really need.

I'm leaning toward just the head at the moment, but I want someone to talk me into the complete light. Any input would be appreciated.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Let's keep it simple. Buy the L4 now and be done with it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

You will need the other bodies down the road and you *do* want the Z57!

- Don

JOshooter

Enlightened
Follow your pocket book, if the head costs $45 more than the complete flashlight then spend less and get the whole thing. You always have the option of selling what you donot need.

Skyline

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brite one said:
Follow your pocket book, if the head costs $45 more than the complete flashlight then spend less and get the whole thing. You always have the option of selling what you donot need.

[/ QUOTE ]

The KL4 itself costs about $95 I believe, and the complete L4 (KL4 + E2e Body + Z57 clickie) is between $130-$140.

Personally, I would recommend getting the whole L4. I had expected to get an E2e and then a KL4 + Z57 for it, but that would have cost about $200. The L4 is a nice deal.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darkaway:

If you want to use your UBH you are stuck with using:
...a pair of 123's and a dummy,
.. a 50 mm long Lion plus a 50 mm long AA NiMH,
.. a 123 plus a 4/3 A NiMH, or
.. a 123 plus an A NiMH plus a 17 mm spacer, or
.. 3 @ 2/3 A NiMHs

You'd need to fit in somewhere between 3.6 V and 6.5 V.

Get the KL4 and use your UBH for something else unless the preceding battery combinations appeal to you.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
I think you can make money buying L4's and selling them as individual components, soon you will be hearing about L4 chop shops.

I agree just buy the L4 and be done with it.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4... For what the price is on the KL4 and the Z57 right now, it's just not worth it to get them separately...

tardis

Newly Enlightened
I was going to get just the KL4 head to go on my E2e but reading the figures above, it would be silly not to pay the extra $30-$40 and get a complete L4 with Z57. As Skyline said - it's a much better deal.

"Buy first..think later" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif