What are the odds 4Sevens makes some more Neutral Mini123s?

GTSECC

Newly Enlightened
Love my Quark Mini 123.
Need one in neutral, but they are sold out.
Will Quark make more?

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Given that it was a limited run, there is no way of knowing at this point. Not in the immediate future, at any rate.

fareast

Enlightened
I know nothing about trashing (as it should) but I managed to give away my first and only 4 Sevens Mini 123 Neutral...:sigh:...

Bad mistake I guess... I think they will not return but if they do, I will only get a warm tinted one. Unfortunately all the latest interesting models are not being offered any more in warm/neutral.

I guess I'll just have to wait.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
With the thrashing they have been taking lately I wouldn't do anything special again.
He's taken no trashing related to this thread and I wouldn't put anything past him. He's going to try to stay ahead of things and make business like decisions, so if he thinks it makes sense, he'll make more.

carrot

Flashaholic
At SHOT, David mentioned having a hard time selling the Neutrals that he did make so he was really not convinced about making more. It is a shame really, because the NW LEDs are pretty cool, even if I'm not sure they're my thing.

Viper715

Enlightened
I love my Neutral AA and wish I would have picked up one of the 123 in neutral. If he makes another run I would pick one up. As has been discussed before I think that if the neutrals were offered at the same time as the regular then they would be easier to sell. As things have been released in the past people that want to try a new light by it and then when the neutrals come out they don't see a point to by another one just for a different tint. Also for the non flahololic that have no real clue as to led bins and tints I don't think manufacturers do enough to educated the layman as to what a "neutral" tint really is. With a standard tint you are running the lottery but with a say 5A tint bin you are guaranteed a tint within a certain standardized range so very little chance of a green or purple color. Just my 2 cents sorry for the long post.

tucolino

Newly Enlightened
i don´t know why,but don´t like mine.i prefer the cool tint over the warm.
in fact gonna sell my mini titanium 123 warm in the next couple days in cpfm and probably get the cr2 in cool tint

burntoshine

Enlightened
i got 4 of the neutral white minis (2 AAs, a 123 and a Ti 123). i'm really glad i got in while they lasted. the minis are some of the neatest little lights i've ever seen, and i really don't care for cool white, so these are extra special.

i was thinking of picking up a couple NW AA minis for gifts and then i saw they were gone. :(

uplite

Enlightened
At SHOT, David mentioned having a hard time selling the Neutrals...
The neutral Quarks and Minis sold out very fast on 4sevens.com, so this is obviously not true for 4sevens lights. :p

I think the real issue is that neutral-tint LEDs are hard to source in small quantities. Flashlights are not a big market for Cree et al. They sell most of their LEDs to the commercial and home lighting markets, where "neutral" is 3500K CCT and "incandescent grade" is 2700K CCT.

The "cool" emitters used in many flashlights are generally 5000K-8000K. They are not desirable for mainstream lighting, but lots of guys are OK with these tints in their flashlights, so Cree et al still have a market for them. ;)

-Jeff

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
At SHOT, David mentioned having a hard time selling the Neutrals that he did make so he was really not convinced about making more. It is a shame really, because the NW LEDs are pretty cool, even if I'm not sure they're my thing.
Do you know if he plans on making the balance of the 300 he'd talked about making? I've been hoping that he would do them once the neutral xp-g's became available.

Funny how one persons perfect can be another's too warm/cold! I love the beam pattern of the xp-g MiNi's but prefer the tint of the neutral xp-e's.
I love my Neutral AA and wish I would have picked up one of the 123 in neutral. If he makes another run I would pick one up. As has been discussed before I think that if the neutrals were offered at the same time as the regular then they would be easier to sell. As things have been released in the past people that want to try a new light by it and then when the neutrals come out they don't see a point to by another one just for a different tint. Also for the non flashoholic that have no real clue as to led bins and tints I don't think manufacturers do enough to educated the layman as to what a "neutral" tint really is. With a standard tint you are running the lottery but with a say 5A tint bin you are guaranteed a tint within a certain standardized range so very little chance of a green or purple color. Just my 2 cents sorry for the long post.
Better hold onto that AA this time! I imagine that at some point in the future, and hopefully not too long, warm/cool/neutral will be available for the asking. It wasn't all that long ago that fluorescent meant cool, until the advent of warm white/cool white and it's now very common to see mixed usage in many office or stores.
i got 4 of the neutral white minis (2 AAs, a 123 and a Ti 123). i'm really glad i got in while they lasted. the minis are some of the neatest little lights i've ever seen, and i really don't care for cool white, so these are extra special.

i was thinking of picking up a couple NW AA minis for gifts and then i saw they were gone. :(
I had plans too of using these as a mainstay giveaway light, but without the neutral available, can only wait.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd much prefer to have neutral and warm tints in my flashlights, even if they cost a few bucks more. I have a neutral Quark 123 and I really like it. I'm at the point where I'd choose a light with a neutral tint over a competitor's light with a cool tint, even if I might have a slight preference for the competitor's light's other features.

don.gwapo

Enlightened

You can still purchase this light but only in 2xAA though: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002D3RGEU/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Masque

Newly Enlightened
Or you can purchase a neutral white head. Then sell the cool white on CPFM! I'm sure someone would pick it up... especially if it comes with a beamshot.