Your thoughts on eagletac M2XC4 Mkll?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was saving up for a LX2, but decided not to get it because i prefer warm tints. (favoring a P60 host more because of drop in options)

right now im itching to buy a high output neutral/warm outdoors light. i would of bought a thrunite catapult because hearing it is sightly on the yellowish side, but i fear not yellow enough lol, but the grease issue put a halt to that.

so now im looking at the eagletac M2XC4 Mkll in warm tint. i like that it can throw, is compact, and has a selector ring(love my RRT-0) and of course its neutral tint!

so to anybody who can share their experience about it would be greatly appreciated.

or are there any other high output warm tinted LED lights, i should know about?

ive been trying to patiencely wait for the maelstroms, because 4sevens tries to give us warm tint versions, i just dont know if the SST50 or SST90 will be available with warmer tints.

thanks in advance!

fareast

Enlightened
Well, I really like mine. An M2CX4 Neutral MKII. NO clicky installed. It's my brightest LED light. Whenever I know I need a light at night, this is the light I bring (together with an H60W) and it does everything beautifully. Levels are evenly spaced and the light is very handy to use in the low hand grip. It looks great and is relative small. I have had no issues with waterproofing but I have never submerged it deeply either. It has survived many showers and rainstorms.

Don't forget to check out the many other threads about this light, some others do not like it as much as I do.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
may i ask how the tint is? i prefer neutral rather than warm, somewhat of a yellowish color.

are the alot of rings in the pattern? ive notice my XR-E Q3 are smoother than XP-E R2.

also is it using Q3 or Q4 emitters?

Templar223

Newly Enlightened
I've got their P20C2 mark II and it's very warm for an LED (compared to my Fenix lights anyhow).

I'm very impressed, not that "warmness" is a requirement for my usage.

As for the light itself, I've only had it a couple of weeks. No problems thus far (other than the rubber tailswitch cover that my ferret chewed up the day after I received the light. That little b**** snatched my light from my pants on the floor while I was in the shower, drug it into the closet and had a good old time.)

John

coolperl

Newly Enlightened
I have M2XC4 with neutral leds, although it's MKI, there is no differences in light colour and beam pattern. I really like this light. One of my favourites :thumbsup:. I have written some reviews on my local forum, it's in polish language, but you can check the pics and beamshots:

http://swiatelka.pl/viewtopic.php?t=3313 (Raptor review with M2XC4 beamshots)

http://swiatelka.pl/viewtopic.php?t=2818 (M2XC4 review)

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the beamshots! the warm tint made the forest come to life!

i think i will be ordering this light very soon. unless someone suggest something better in warm tint.......... bump:rolleyes:

Templar,
whats it like having a ferret as a pet? are they similar to dogs? or do they just do their own thing? like cats. can you train them? are they loyal?

i have dogs and cats, love them all. ferrets seems interesting, i dont know if ferrets are allowed as pets in cali though.

hazna

Enlightened
actually I've got renewed interest for this flashlight. I was previously turned off by the initial issues they had; wasn't waterproof & issues with selector ring. Hopefully they have improved with the newer version. I like how the new version comes with a diffuser lens.