EagleTac vs Fenix?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK guys, I'm looking at these lights and they look nearly identical. Specs are very similar.

Apparently both are built in China.

Are they two sides of the same coin, with minimal differences solely or marketing?

I'm referring especially to the TK11 and the T100C2, but others also look similar.

wingnut86

Banned
They seem quite different to me.

Honestly, how many different flashlight designs can be made? Some are bound to look similar.

Its not like one is a copy of the other (SolarForce/Surefire).

kramer5150

Flashaholic
OK guys, I'm looking at these lights and they look nearly identical. Specs are very similar.

Apparently both are built in China.

Are they two sides of the same coin, with minimal differences solely or marketing?

I'm referring especially to the TK11 and the T100C2, but others also look similar.

IMHO there are significant differences beyond just marketing...
Biggest optical difference between these two is the emitter. The T100C2 uses an XPE in a smooth reflector. It has a very small, round hotspot that gradually fades. Relatively few beam artifacts, similar to a malkoff M60 in this regard IMHO. The TK11 uses an XRE with a very typical XRE beam pattern, larger spot with more ring artifacts as the beam fades.

The T100C2 is a little smaller around, little lighter, has more aggressive knurl and the button sticks out a little further... so its easier in the hand IMHO.

The T100C2 is also ~$30 cheaper.

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
to clarify:
EagleTac T100C2 MKII has 4 flavors of emitter-reflector combination:
- smooth or orange peel reflector
- cool or neutral tint LED

:thumbsup:
Tod

.... The T100C2 uses an XPE in a smooth reflector. It has a very small, round hotspot that gradually fades. Relatively few beam artifacts, similar to a malkoff M60 in this regard IMHO. The TK11 uses an XRE with a very typical XRE beam pattern, larger spot with more ring artifacts as the beam fades...