Fenix HP10 switch problems

colina

Newly Enlightened
I have been thinking of getting a HP10 for night fishing in Britain. Excellent performance from AA batteries being one of the key attractions to this headlamp.

But after initial good reports, I have come across several reports of the HP10 switches failing to work. The headlight can switch on but no longer switches between brightness level/SOS mode. I haven't seen any mention of this problem on the forums here.

Is this problem only ocurring in batches despatched to Britain or have any users here come across similar switch problems?

Thanks.

StealthZ

Newly Enlightened
I've used the sh*t ouf of mine for the last couple of months, and had no problems.

colina

Newly Enlightened
Re: Fenix HP10 switch problemsm - photo

Finally got a picture of the faulty switch on the HP10. The picture shows that the push lever of side switch has broken as there's nothing to limit the push action to be straight in and out only.

FenixSwitch.jpg

Brian321

Enlightened
I was also thinking about buying an HP10, But no one has them in stock, so i emailed Brightguy and this is the email i got back from him,

Brian,
"Fenix is re-working the switch on the HP10. We do not have any in stock."

So my guess is that fenix is fixing all the switches, seeing how I cant find one for sale anywhere.