Looking for a blinding EDC light with low, med intense mode

Vaughn

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to CPF and I'm making my first post. I'm looking for a good EDC LED light that is tough and bright. I want a light that will blind someone when shined in the eyes with strobe. I would also like to have 2 less bright modes for reading and a medium throw also. I've been looking through the forums and the Mcgizmo and HDS lights have interested me I know there is a big difference in price but, I want the best. Can anyone help? :crazy:

dirtech

Enlightened
I was just out on a walk using my lf3xt and its so stinkin versatile! You could have your 3 modes plus so many more configurations if you choose. Prolly much cheaper and maybe not quite as durable though.

csa

Enlightened
I'd say you'll find that you need different things than you just spec'd after carrying a nice light for a while. McGizmo's lights are really really nice, but they don't have strobes or other fancy things, and are thus, even BETTER EDC lights because they're less likely to be used for hunting walls.

For a good starter light, the Quark in one of its many variants from 4sevens sounds like a good option and meets your needs. I'd say look at the mini123 based on my own preferences (I dislike AA battery tech).

Vaughn

Newly Enlightened
I'm not trying to be partial to one light or the other but, after reading a number of posts & treads and I am very interested in the McGizmo lights. Excluding the strobe which you say is not available. Which one of his lights would suit my needs? I could still get the high intense disorienting bright light I'm looking for with the different settings and durability I'm looking for, right? also where could I find out more about McGizmo lights. It's hard for me to understand which light would suit me from all the tech I read there. Thanks for the earlier post reply.

Chevy-SS

Enlightened
I recently bought a Quark 123*2 Tactical XP-G R5. This light gets great reviews from everyone. The 123*2 version uses two CR123 batteries, which are smaller than two AA batteries, thus the light is very compact. This makes the light perfect for EDC. I keep it in my pocket all the time now. If you get something that is even a little bit too large, then it will end up being a "left-it" light. In other words, you "left it" at home. The Quark 123*2 Tactical is perfect size IMHO.

The Quark has ~200 lumens, with 8 different modes (including blinding strobe). I am gonna buy more of these lights, but everyone seems to be out of stock at the moment.

Here's a review of the Quark: http://www.light-reviews.com/4sevens_quark123_2/

-