Best P60 host for 1 X 18650

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
So what is the latest and greatest 1 X 18650 host out there? I would like to keep it under $40.00 for host only.

dirtech

Enlightened
I'm gonna say the dereelight with forward clicky or solarforce l2p with reverse clicky.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tested for OTF lumens a XP-G R5 drop-in with a Seraph hosts vs. a Surefire 6P hosts and using the same cells I got more OTF lumens with the Surefire hosts.:popcorn:

I was not expecting any difference and to be fair both hosts had a UCL lens AR coated type..

SolarforceR5.png

I say stick to an L2 or 6P.

Last edited:

joshconsulting

Enlightened
I say L2P. HA is underrated. It looks nice, keeps your lights looking minty new for months, and once Type II (L2, 6P, Maglight) starts chipping and peeling it aint gonna stop until your light is a large piece of bare aluminum.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solarforce L2 or L2P ... Check on Ebay ... Complete (less the drop-in) for about £9-00 ... The sand colour is beautiful ... My three are in this colour.

Drop-ins starting from the same price for single mode , three mode or five mode ... There's a nice three mode (High , medium and low) for about £9-00.

Have you got a good charger for your 18650s plus a DMM ?

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
This is easy

Surefire 6P or C2 bored by EG Or a Malkoff Md2 which is an awesome deal for the price you cant beat it.

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Solarforce L2 or L2P ... Check on Ebay ... Complete (less the drop-in) for about £9-00 ... The sand colour is beautiful ... My three are in this colour.

Drop-ins starting from the same price for single mode , three mode or five mode ... There's a nice three mode (High , medium and low) for about £9-00.

Have you got a good charger for your 18650s plus a DMM ?

I have the WF-139 which seems to work for me so far...
I really do like the looks of this light.
Does a 3 mode or 5 mode drop-in work the same for a 6P?

fishx65

Enlightened
I've got a bunch of P60 hosts. When I need to carry one, I seem to reach for my bored 6P more then anything else. Not sure if a used 6P can be found for less then forty.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
I tested for OTF lumens a XP-G R5 drop-in with a Seraph hosts vs. a Surefire 6P hosts and using the same cells I got more OTF lumens with the Surefire hosts.:popcorn:

I was not expecting any difference and to be fair both hosts had a UCL lens AR coated type..

SolarforceR5.png

I think the SP9 performed admirably compared to the 6P. Sure the 6P beat it out by 20-30 OTF, but the SP9 has a lot to offer in other areas. Grip rings, switch cap options, relatively cheap lego-capable host. Its probably the cheapest way to host their M-series P7 head:huh:. And the Seraph is probably the cheapest way to lego together a D36 sized host.

SP9 (3 x 18500) => 320-254
SP9 (3 x IMR16340) => 321-260
6P (3 x IMR16340) => 317-282

Either way... its nice to have options:thumbsup: $19 for the L2P in typeIII can't be beat... not by a long shot.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
K

Has anyone tried the ss version of the l2?
I wonder if it will work with an 18650 that has no button on top? I find my AW 2600 maH don't work in some flashlights.

Flat top 18650 cells can be used with any P60 drop in that has a +B spring... provided that you have good spring contact.

recDNA

Flashaholic
If surefire sold an 18650 host I'd buy it but it seems like such a hassle to send it out to be bored. I would prefer a dereelight but I don't like the clicky.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
.....Either way... its nice to have options:thumbsup: $19 for the L2P in typeIII can't be beat... not by a long shot.

+

When Jay has them in stock, a CL1H V4 host for $31 gets my vote.

..Hey Jay,.,.:poke:

sigsour

Newly Enlightened
Orbital,
I saw your host list and now I am really confused.:thinking:
I did not realize there were so many options.

Gryffin

Enlightened
x2... I really want to get my hands on one of these in natural/olive. The typeIII finish looks killer!!

Better hope you get lucky in B/S/T, then! The olive was only available on the v1 model, which was about five years ago. The v2 was a half inch longer (doesn't sound like much, but sure doens't feel as compact) in black and a tan natural; after that, I think the v3 was only available in black, and the v4 is definitely black-only.

And no, I won't sell you my olive v1. :nana:

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
If surefire sold an 18650 host I'd buy it but it seems like such a hassle to send it out to be bored. I would prefer a dereelight but I don't like the clicky.

I got a bored C2 from Electronguru and it wasnt a hassle at all.
even got the color I wanted (grey)
pretty stoked on it w a NB sst50
:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs