New Quark creation?!Quark RGB on RCR123

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since my Quark TurboForce (on a single RCR 123) worked so well on my Quark CR123 body.:twothumbs I Wondered what would happen if I tried my Quark cool white RGB LED on the single CR123 tube?
(using a RCR123):thinking:
WOW! What a great idea!!! Try it!!! :grin2: yet another reason to add more Quarks and Quark parts to your collection!!! You can do it "ala carte" buying each part or take an existing Quark CR123 and add a Quark RGB head. You can also run it either on a 18650 tube (or a 2 CR123 tube). What versitality!!

Here's the evolution of the single RCR123 RGB Quark

Part ONE
Inspired by a special deal (at 4 Sevens) on a separate cool white Quark RGB head, I added a Quark 18650 tube, with a new end cap and with a separate Quark TurboForce LED.

Part TWO
A single CR123 Quark with TurboForce head! (using a RCR123)
Recently, while staring at my Quark CR123, I tried the Turbo Force 2x CR123 head and learned here that a RCR123 will fully power the Turboforce head. looks and works great!!! (BTW a single primary CR123 will run the 2 AA TurboForce head at full power)

Part THREE
Then it became a RCR123 RGB Quark!!
this thing is incredible!!!!!!!!!!
I am most pleased with this new Quark creation:naughty:
even though it doesn't have a clip

jblackwood

Enlightened
Your innovations make me think . . . I've got a couple of 14500s coming over to my place. I could take a head off of one of my RGBs and put it on a Quark AA body and have that clip (I like Quark, Dereelight, and Nitecore clips more than almost any others). Thanks for the idea!

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
. . . I've got a couple of 14500s coming over to my place. I could take a head off of one of my RGBs and put it on a Quark AA body and have that clip !

Thank you, I like that AA/ 14500 RGB idea!!

think I'll try a 14500 with the 2x CR123 TurboForce head next :)

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
After I posted I went and tried it just to see what it would look like (actually I was worried the parts wouldn't fit, but they did). The only problem I could see is that the clip, over time, may scratch up the anodizing . . . though I did loosen the clip a bit so it's not pressing too tightly against the head. I might use it, especially since I have no 123 bodies. Hmmmm, maybe a 2xAA body? Or a reverse tuxedo with a Ti body?!?! Legos are fun!!!