Finished my triple p7 have a look

finch10101

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to Der Wichtel for this sweet kit, here are some pictures which may help others with the build.

Heres the finished light, nice. 4D M*g host.
1.jpg

5/64" or 2mm hex "allen" wrench to remove the switch
9.jpg

Here is the switch, removed, with the "tower" cut off (coping saw) with the ground and red positive wires attached with some quick connects
8.jpg

This is the switch's bottom end. On this particular mag there was a spring where the positive end of the batts connect. I carfully pulled the spring to make it longer and connect to the LiOns. Newer m*gs dont have a spring and you may have to solder something like a spring or some piece of metal to get good connection here.
7.jpg

Here is the business end all wired up. This is not bare wire, even if it looks that way. It is 22 gauge enameled wire. You must sand the ends, about an 1/8th in. or so, to ensure a good connection. Notice the one side of the p7 has a small dot near the die's which signifies negative. You can especially see this dot on the right hand p7. You cant see it at all on the bottom one...but it is there.
6.jpg

Almost done. I desoldered the wires Der Wichtel had for the led's and resolderd my enameled wire.
2.jpg

Here's the butt end, with the standard m*g spring cut in half. I used 4 Tenergy protected 18650's. Very simple solution to account for the extra length of the lions. Had to tighten the bend of the spring and bend it toward the head to ensure a good connection. Supprisingly, even though there are no "button tips" on these Tenergy cells, they conduct no problem.
4.jpg

I used this 3/4" ID tubing from the local home store as a battery tube. It is not by any means tight when you load the batteries, but after I screw on the cap, there is absolutly no rattle of batteries.
5.jpg

Finally here is a lame beam shot from my desk with aperture fixed. This is a normal 4D m*g.
mag.jpg

This is a Fenix TK11 R2 single 18650 with claimed 240 lumens.
tk11.jpg

Here is the tri p7......
p7.jpg

This thing is SWEET. It its pretty much totally flood...no hotspot. It will light up my entire 1/2 acre back yard, making me scared at night that neighbors will complain. Thanks Der Wichtel.

420light

Newly Enlightened
Looks very good.:twothumbs

Post a pic of it lighting up the .5 acre. I have a little more than that, so I would be interested to see that.

I am still on the fence if I want to do a triple "something" light, or a SST-90.

SmurfTacular

Enlightened
That's cool. I think I'm going to do the same. Except I'm only using one p7 LED, so I guess I would get triple the runtime :D. What about a charger? do you know of a good charger for these?

finch10101

Newly Enlightened
For a charger I just got a tenergy charger from amazon. The white one for 12.99. It works fine, the batts seem to always charge to 4.22 volts which scares me. As a precaution I charge the batts inside a surplus steel ammo box. I also make sure not to let them sit charged for any length of time as im not sure if this charger trickles when finished..

LightJunk

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I have built mine exactly the same except I use 4 AW IMR26500 cells and a PVC sleeve to fit nicely into a Mag 3D.

I also have the deep tail cap mod done by a good friend of mine. I use a golden shorty spring from KD. I still need to cut the spring down by 1 full round at the bottom. If not the top of spring will eat the battery insulator away. I gave up cutting the original Mag spring. Very hard to cut.

I use this LiteMania charger to charge the AW IMR26500 cells.

Here are the pictures.

1.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

:twothumbs

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMR26500 is the same length as DX25500 only the diameter is 1mm smaller
Incorrect - DX cells are mm's longer than AW's 26500's. I can stuff 3s AW IMR into my 2D m@g with tailcap contact mod, but the 3s DX cells won't even let me lock in the first threads of threading.