Waiting is the worst

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,

Been lurking for a little while. I got some birthday money and decided to buy a good flashlight with it. I love flashlights, and have since I was 3, but up till now I've only bought the Wal-Mart/Target fare. I recently purchased the CR123 version of the Coleman Max, and that turned me on to see what was available, so I came here.

After reading a bunch of reviews and opinions, I decided to not buy a new flashlight. I'd buy three.

-ITP A3 EOS Upgraded to wear on my badge lanyard at work (where I have no access to pockets)

-Fenix PD20 (R2) 190 Lumen to carry in my pocket when I'm not wearing a belt or don't wish to carry on my belt

-Fenix PD30 (R2) 235 Lumen to carry on my belt

They shipped yesterday. Now comes the hard part. Not buying another one while I'm waiting!

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Welcome to your new home here at CPF, Mnementh. Sounds like you've made an excellent start with some solid choices. It's always good to see a new member that does their homework first. And, yes, as Tom Petty said, the waiting is the hardest part.

Geoff

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting is always hard. Having flashlights as your hobby you really have to be patient especially if you are into modding. As you won't get everything for a mod in your own country and sometimes have to wait for weeks to get something ;). I bought a Jet-III in Hongkong which was defect so I shipped it back for a replacement which took nearly half a year to get back to me ;).

rayman

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
Waiting is always hard. Having flashlights as your hobby you really have to be patient especially if you are into modding. As you won't get everything for a mod in your own country and sometimes have to wait for weeks to get something ;). I bought a Jet-III in Hongkong which was defect so I shipped it back for a replacement which took nearly half a year to get back to me ;).

rayman

I haven't yet gotten into modding. The closest I came to that was quite recently when I went through all my lights. I found that one of my two MagLite Solitaires didn't work very well anymore. (If they can be defined as running well in any state. ;)) So, I disassembled and sealed it with epoxy putty as best as I could to see if it would make a good waterproof match holder to put on a keychain. The result was not waterproof, but it would work well for anything up to and including a rainstorm. Not so much for being dunked in a lake. :)

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
The man is a modder...

Welcome and here's some advice. If you have any children, sell your first born, you're gonna need the money. It's now or later but better do it now before you get too attached to the kid...

:devil:

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting is so hard, I usually have dreams that I get my light before I actually get it! I even have a hard time falling asleep at night while my light is in the mail... I hope you get all your lights at once. The only time I ordered 3+ lights in one order, most came in separately due to back orders... that's the only thing worse than waiting... waiting for separate shipping on one big order!

Saint_Dogbert

Enlightened
Waiting is so hard, I usually have dreams that I get my light before I actually get it!

Ha ha, me too! Or sometimes I'll dream about I light that I don't own, but then after dreaming about it I'll think hmmm, now I want that light! This could be a whole new area of marketing...:eek:oo:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting is so hard, I usually have dreams that I get my light before I actually get it! I even have a hard time falling asleep at night while my light is in the mail...

Is that when you wake up and you've got battery acid all over the sheets? :D

Mnementh

Newly Enlightened
Well, I know they're coming in two different packages. I bought the lights through Amazon in two separate orders. The ITP A3 EOS is coming from Longhorn Tactical, and the Fenix lights are coming from LightJunction. The estimated delivery date on both orders is as early as tomorrow.

I've also got a Pelican 1010 case with 15 CR123s coming from The Battery Station. :) Ordered them last night, and they shipped today! :)

burntoshine

Enlightened
that's funny 'cause i'm always tempted to order a light while i'm waiting for one to get here. this is especially bad with pre-orders, which sometimes take weeks.

the wait for a new flashlight is always difficult.

i really hate it when the light might be here on saturday, but it doesn't arrive until monday.

enjoy your new lights! :)

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found a couple of good UK sites that ship as soon as you pay and with Royal Mail working correctly you get them the very next day.Ordered 1 on Sunday night was here Tuesday morning.2nd I ordered on Monday night and was here today Wednesday so I am a happy chappy and best bit I like both of my new purchases.lovecpf

Databyter

Enlightened
One thing I find myself doing alot when I'm waiting for stuff to arrive is stalking the sales thread/page and looking at, re-looking at the pictures. This seems to help.

You know you do it too !!

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Is that when you wake up and you've got battery acid all over the sheets? :D

hahaha a "vent with flames" dream!

OP:

I know how you feel. I just had to have the new Damascus Dear123. Love at first sight. I paypal'ed it 6 days ago. It shipped but is STILL in china!

Im also waiting on a Rare Nitecore EX10 Sunspot. The USPS tracking says its out for delivery, but its 5:00 now and still no mail guy! arg!

And
:welcome:

LeeDeaton

Newly Enlightened
Be happy yours have shipped, I ordered a Quark AA2 regular a little over a week ago and it's still on back order. I've run out of reviews to read and pictures to look at, even videos to watch, now I just want it. I've got a lot of dark I need to get rid of...

notsofast

Enlightened
Be happy yours have shipped, I ordered a Quark AA2 regular a little over a week ago and it's still on back order. I've run out of reviews to read and pictures to look at, even videos to watch, now I just want it. I've got a lot of dark I need to get rid of...

"lot of dark I need to get rid of".....Great line!

I have a light coming that seems to be lost, left Indonesia on the 23rd.

Last edited:

steamfish

Newly Enlightened
Stick a SoShine 10440 in the ITP and it'll fast become your favorite ;)

(just remember to charge it early and often and you'll do fine.)

recDNA

Flashaholic
The only light I've purchased that kept me up at night in excited anticipation was the TK40...you know what? It's the only one that DESERVED to so far! I wish there were a way to use it with Li Ions without changing the size or shape (which of course isn't possible for several reasons) but I'll take it just the way it is!

Illum

Flashaholic
if waiting is the worst than your life is too easy, whats worst is receiving a light and not have the time to actually open it and try it out:candle: