iTP A2 vs Quark Mini AA

jason978

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking at these 2 lights and can't quite decide which one to get. they are both right size and have a med mode that i like.

According to the specs the quark mini AA has a brighter medium and lasts longer than the itp A2 on medium. Can anyone confirm this?

A2 med is rated at 18 lms for 7hrs
mini AA is rated at 25 lms for 8 hrs.

thanks,

Jason

PS

I tried using the search function but you can't search for 3 letter words I guess

JaguarDave-in-Oz

Enlightened
Very similar torches. I don't think there's much difference in the torches themselves. The real world lumen difference would be negligible.

Do you like knurling or straight lines, do you like flashing modes or only brightness modes, do you want a keychain knob in the middle of its tail or a flat tail, do you want a clip, that's what it comes down to I reckon. Beam profiles might be a bit different being XP-E to XP-g

Link Archer VI

Newly Enlightened
I have both lights, and I would say the brightness of each (just eyeballing it) is very similar. The Quark Mini seems a little bit brighter, but it's really not noticeable unless you're comparing them side by side. The Quark mini does have a floodier beam which I prefer, but the tint on mine is really green which I don't like at all. The tint on the Quark Minis can be somewhat variable, though.

Since they're similar in brightness, just go by the other features which suit your preference (knurling, clip, disco effects, etc).