XPG P60 drop in... beam question

rideandshoot

Newly Enlightened
Other than OP reflectors is there any way, or can you get a drop in that has more of a flood type beam?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Custom Sales forum (or whatever it's called), Nailbender offers XR-E D26 drop-ins with optional 40-degree or 60-degree optics. To put this floodiness in perspective: The now-discontinued Malkoff M30F (flood) and M60F (flood) are 20-degree floods. I own two M30WFs (warm floods); personally, I don't think that the XR-E produces enough lumens to make a satisfying beam wider than 20 degrees.

As a flood lover, I've tried all the diffuser lenses sold by flashlightlens.com. They don't really widen the beam; they spread out the hotspot into the spill area. I also think that they sacrifice 20 or 30 percent of the lumens coming out the front.

There's also the Malkoff Devices M-CE. I believe it uses a 20-degree optic, and it's b-r-i-g-h-t. It's also e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e (about $120 new, over $100 used).

Finally, Nailbender makes the Linger, a D26 drop-in that uses two XR-Es across! It's wide AND bright. I only wish it came in warm; I don't think it even comes in neutral.

psychbeat

Flashlight Enthusiast
those Linger specials are NICE..
I really want one... theyre XP-G tho arent they?

maybe thats why there's not warm yet..
tho the warm XP-Gs are about to be released I heard...
:shrug: