Found My Larry Light!

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there any greater joy than a flashaholic finding a treasured flashlight that had been lost? Maybe-but I'll sure have to think hard to come up with it.

When you lose a light-you're always; in the back of your mind, trying to remember just where it last was-wondering about how you could have misplaced it..wondering if someone else has it... kicking yourself over and over again. This cycle repeats.

The subject Light was a one cell CR2, 2-speed, custom Larry Light that he gave me years ago. It had always been an EDC. Carried it on a lanyard through a belt loop. How could I have lost it? I was stumped and saddened by the loss. If you have been there-then you know.

It had been 6 months and we went to our vaction home and I pulled a pair of 6-pocket pants down off a shelf in the closet. Bingo-the pants had been put up there temporaily-not laundered and forgotten about. There was that Larry Light-safe and secured to the D-Ring by the Lanyard. The battery was still fresh! Wow. Never thought I'd have that light back.

I feel whole again!
party.gif

BlueMarble

Newly Enlightened
Oh, that is nice that you found it. That must have been a great feeling! I'm currently looking for a light that I've had for about 12 years. I hope it turns up!

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I felt very happy to find a fenix EO1 lost since 7-8 months... I can imagine your joy finding a Larry light!:twothumbs

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been missing a Fenix L1T for many years now I know I lost it somewhere in the house, that light was the first light I ordered off the internet and showed me what LED could do. This is the light that began my fascination with small powerful light. I will admit though the Inova X5 was the first light I EDC'd which led me to hunt down the L1T online.

Anyway I would love to know how it feels to find a lost treasure like the OP did and I still believe I will one day find it, maybe my belief is in vein but I have to have hope.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Pics or it didn't happen.. :whistle:

I cannot imagine what it'd be like to lose my L-light. I almost had a heart-attack the day I couldn't find my PD... glad you found your light, Atomic.