What is a good bomb proof light?

Brian321

Enlightened
I am looking for something that is pretty much bomb proof, I am considering the Fenix TK20 and TK11, but i know nothing about them and dont really know what else is out there. Thanks.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, first we need to know what kind of bomb you're planning to set off next to the lights. Sheesh! I can't believe all these newbie questions asking for advice on what light to get and then they don't give us any details.

Pay attention dammit! :whoopin:

Brian321

Enlightened
Ok, first we need to know what kind of bomb you're planning to set off next to the lights. Sheesh! I can't believe all these newbie questions asking for advice on what light to get and then they don't give us any details.

Pay attention dammit! :whoopin:
It should not matter what im doing with. Is it tough? Gonna handle a beating? Not gonna break when droped multiple times or banged against rocks? Good, Now whats the name of it?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

joshth09

Newly Enlightened
It should not matter what im doing with. Is it tough? Gonna handle a beating? Not gonna break when droped multiple times or banged against rocks? Good, Now whats the name of it?

Hmm...sounds like your a clumbsy fellow...I recommend any light with a lanyard! (make it a short one).

no really tho...from reading many reviews and testimonies I would have to say that in general a twisty is your best bet...and the toughest out there just might be HDS Ra twisty.

nbp

Flashaholic

Lighten up Brian.

I think the point of guiri's post was to point out that that you didn't give any details about what you're looking for in the light. Output, runtime, size, battery type and number, etc etc etc.

It's hard to recommend a light with so little specification about what you're looking for. I would have thought that you would have seen this firsthand in the mountain of "recommend me" type threads you have started in the past month.

If you are able to provide these basic, yet critical details, you will likely see the quality of your responses improve. If you just want to sass others, you will probably get sassy replies.

And yes, Ra lights have an excellent reputation for reliability. I have a clicky on order right now.

Brian321

Enlightened
Hmm...sounds like your a clumbsy fellow...I recommend any light with a lanyard! (make it a short one).

no really tho...from reading many reviews and testimonies I would have to say that in general a twisty is your best bet...and the toughest out there just might be HDS Ra twisty.

I will be using this light for caving mostly and i dont want to have to worry about it banging on rocks and breaking when im crawling, climbing, etc...

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be using this light for caving mostly and i dont want to have to worry about it banging on rocks and breaking when im crawling, climbing, etc...

Hurrah for details!

Now if you could provide a little more info as to battery type/quantity, expected output, runtime, modes, features, etc. we'd be able to help you even more!

Brian321

Enlightened
Hurrah for details!

Now if you could provide a little more info as to battery type/quantity, expected output, runtime, modes, features, etc. we'd be able to help you even more!
Honestly, I dont really care to much about all that stuff. I will have plenty of other lights with me. But i would like one that is very tough(bomb proof). But of course i would like a decent runtime and output.

RAGE CAGE

Enlightened
This one.....:candle:

DSCN3307.jpg

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Honestly, I dont really care to much about all that stuff. I will have plenty of other lights with me. But i would like one that is very tough(bomb proof). But of course i would like a decent runtime and output.

For my bombproof, end-of-the-world light, I have an Inova X5. I have the one of the newer ones in my EDC bag. Great runtime, tough as a tank, very bright for close/intermediate range usage. Like a portable flourescent fixture.

wingnut86

Banned
How about a Surefire G3 LED? That Nitrolon can take a beating. Also has a nice long runtime. Long enough to hold on to, yet small enough to not get in the way...

With the right spares carrier holding 2 extra sets of cells, you will have lots or runtime.

The Fire Rescue version has a clicky if you don't like the twist switch.

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast

Quite frankly, every major light brand will handle that. The quality brands I mean.

Should you decide on the Nitrolon, I have a brand new one for sale, BRIGHT YELLOW so it'll be easy to find if you drop it.

Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hurrah for details!

You don't care about what John_Galt asks about, which included runtime and output, but you would like decent runtime and output. Slow down a bit...

Sounds like, in order of importance:

1) Toughness and robustness
2) Runtime
3) Output

There are great lights that have those qualities, cost $4000, and use a car battery. I think for the best response, you'll also have to at least address John's additional items like what battery types you like to use, and maybe some other specifications to help us help you narrow it down. "Drive-by" blurbs aren't as helpful as asking an honest question and providing some details. :)

SureAddicted

Enlightened

Sounds like you need a headlamp. Those activities which you'd be participating in would require hands free operation from time to time. Add a G2/6P and your set.