Portuguese flashlight enthusiasts/modders

druidmars

Enlightened
I was wondering if in the remote tiny little Portugal of mine are there any fellow flashlight enthusiasts/modders? If so, give me a shout. :)

PS: I hope I'm allowed to post this here in this forum.

druidmars

Enlightened
Amongst our huge flashaholic community here in Portugal I am looking for modder fellows. Crocodilo? Juhha?

Also I get to know who we are :thumbsup:.

carrapi

Newly Enlightened
Well, guess this is a good thread for my first post :twothumbs
Greetings from Portugal to all CPF'ers

druidmars

Enlightened
Well, guess this is a good thread for my first post :twothumbs
Greetings from Portugal to all CPF'ers

:welcome: I see that you lurked around almost a year before posting for the first time. I was exactly the same
popcorn.gif

Till today, i've bought from: DX, 47's, dereelight, forums, ebay.

How's customs for lights coming from the US? I don't know 47's but I'll google it. When I was in Canada it was easier. Damn! I knew I should have bought more lights then :whistle: Now I try to stick with european dealers such as Neolumen (France) and Flashaholics (UK). It's incredible how poor we are in such a matter. Absolutely no market for flashlights.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok druid, I'm curious. Why Portugal when it says Canada on your location?

George

druidmars

Enlightened
Ok druid, I'm curious. Why Portugal when it says Canada on your location?

George

Hey, George. I have to change my location. I used to live in Canada but now I live in Portugal and it's much harder to get lights here. No stores that I know of carry the brands as we know them. Only those super cheap lights in supermarkets and retails. The equivalent to Costco for instance. I know I can order lights from anywhere in the world but I really want to order from Europe to avoid customs, which here are a steal!
Take care.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, so are you Portuguese or Canadian?

As for customs, it's not worth it on cheap stuff because of the double shipping but if you ever want to buy something a little more expensive, I'd be happy to resend stuff for you and lower the value of it on the form and I'm sure others here would too.

Customs for personal stuff is bull$hit. I lived in Europe all my life and I had the same problem. :(

George

druidmars

Enlightened
Ok, so are you Portuguese or Canadian?

As for customs, it's not worth it on cheap stuff because of the double shipping but if you ever want to buy something a little more expensive, I'd be happy to resend stuff for you and lower the value of it on the form and I'm sure others here would too.

Customs for personal stuff is bull$hit. I lived in Europe all my life and I had the same problem. :(

George

That's very nice of you. Thanks! I really miss the 13% Ontario tax. Here it's an insane 20% :scowl:
I am Portuguese.

Last edited:

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to live in Sweden, 25% tax (NOT counting the customs) so don't feel bad :)

Always strikes me as funny here in NC when they whine about 7% sales tax :)

juhha

Newly Enlightened
I do understand you druidmars. 20% maybe a big tax, but we do not always have to pay that tax.(there are more, but I am not going to be specific. If you want details, pm me please.) Only when the item is checked by customs.

If not, you don't have to pay anything.

Just got to be kind of lucky. And I've been lucky for ever. Only one of my hundreds of non EU orders got taxed. And checked by police, and got to fill enough forms and papers for the rest of my life... and... I believe you understand me!

For instance, I've got 3 packages coming with a lot of flashlights(for me and some friends) from alll over the world, and none got taxed. The tracking numbers say that they are in Lisbon. Still waiting for CTT to be kind enough to fulfill their job...:D

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this has changed now with the european community as there is so much more going on so to speak. I mean, in Sweden when they joined the community, they could all of a sudden bring in much more alcohol and of course, they went crazy and now they had to tighten that down 'cause everyone got carried away so of course, they screwed themselves over again.

In the old days when I lived in Sweden, customs were a total pain and they DID check a lot of stuff. These days, I imagine it's a lot easier.

However, there are plenty of people here on the forum that I'm sure won't mind helping a fellow flashaholic out which should avoid problems.

Of course, then there is always the problem of insurance value vs declared value of the package. Kinda hard to insure it for 500 when you say it's worth 100 :)

This whole thing is a damn science and not a good one and I for one, have always struggled with sending or receiving stuff to and from a different country.

I'm not even going to go into customs broker fees when you ship with UPS or something..

Juhha, as for being lucky, that's not an option for me because if I CAN get F'ed, I will! That's just the story of my life and for those who think I might be making this up, I'd be happy to show you otherwise so no, the luck option doesn't apply to me. I'm glad it does for you and I hope it does for others because dealing with customs and mail sucks.

George

Art

Enlightened
Only modifications I done so far was to install tritium on some models.
Last it was on a Nitecore NDI Q5 and it was a very nice job done with proper machinery.

Falando em PT , foi colocada na fresadora e feito um corte perfeito :D