Quark Mini

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
First, I'm pretty new here, so thanks for having me. I thought I had a bunch of nice flashlights until I stumbled onto this forum (I was under the impression that my SureFire's were top-notch). My wife says that I am a flashlight junky.......but she's never met you guys. You're going to cost us some money, probably a few fights, but it is looking like it will be worth it.

Apparently, this is the Holy Grail and reading the threads has taken me to lights I didn't know existed. Today, I read my way into buying a Quark Mini 123 Ti. I have my eye on a few more, but by the time I do all the research, there will be newer and brighter lights to buy.

So, if you are still reading, where to next? The Quark is on the way, I've got a bunch of 'other' lights to throw in the trash, and now I have a sudden urge to find the brightest compact light available.

You've also intrigued me by batteries that I've never heard of, yet you all are using in lights that may or may not be designed for them.

So, thanks, and hopefully this thread is on-topic enough that I don't get banned in my first week. :eek:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Check out LiteFlux. The LF2XT is a great little 1AAA that is programmable for any level in any order, or it will ramp. Only light it's size with these and other capabilities.

Geoff

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would look into upgrading my Surefires first, incan or LED you will find a wealth of knowledge here. Then think about what lights will fit your lighting needs. Then think about some lights "just because" :devil:.

Oh, and :welcome:.

Hold onto your wallet!

bansuri

Enlightened
Don't throw away anything! Sell it on CandlepowerforumsMarketplace. You'll need to register again, (with the same name) and you won't get PM's for a little while but you'll be surprised how easy it is to sell the lights that don't completely agree with you and move on to what does.
It's like the pawn shop is for junkies or alcoholics, gets you some cash for your next fix and somebody gets your old stuff. Win/Win!
:welcome:

carrot

Flashaholic
Wow, don't sell the Surefires... upgrade 'em. They are some of my favorites out of all my collection.

Malkoff makes great upgrades for C-series (6P, 9P, G2, C2, Z2, etc) Surefires.

kingofwylietx

Enlightened
I won't throw away the SureFires. They have already been upgraded to LED. They are all weapon-mounted, so I wouldn't even consider getting rid of them without a better replacement. I use them for hog hunting at night.