Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Trades

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • Other

Votes: 47 29.7%

• Total voters

EMT40SW

Newly Enlightened
Reading another thread it was surprising how many medical professionals we have on here. I was expecting mostly engineers. So I am starting a poll just out of curiosity. As you can guess from my profile I am a Paramedic in an Emergency Dept & EMS by night & a nursing student by day.

Last edited:

TheChief

Newly Enlightened
I voted "public safety" although that's not entirely accurate. I am an EMT/Firefighter and security in an industrial facility, so technically I'm not in "public" safety but rather in private industry. I am also a volunteer firefighter/EMT in my community, so I guess that fits.

Either of those roles are what I mostly use my lights for, anyway :)

pfccypret

Newly Enlightened
Police Officer........ Most Police Officers tend to be closet flashlight nerds, you just have to poke some more than others.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sound designer.

I work in dark rooms quite a bit - but if I'm honest, there is no practical reason for me to carry any light source in my line of work. I just like torches.

Who needs excuses anyway??? :welcome:

amigafan2003

Enlightened
Voted Other as I'm in IT Live support therefore doesn't fit into any of the other categories.

OCD

Enlightened
I too, voted other as I am schooled in drafting and design (and still get to do some in my current job from time to time) but am now in "Technical Publications" which means I create things like manuals and other technical documents for industrial equipment my company manufactures.

I guess I also wear a "customer service" hat as well. I am a back-up to a couple of guys in our Tech Support/Parts & Service dept. and help our customers and dealers trouble shoot equipment as well as getting them part #'s and prices for replacement parts.

Last edited:

Glasstream15

Newly Enlightened
Other

I'm retired. Before I got smart and decided that work is for those that don't know better, I was a QE at AlliedSignal Aerospace. I guess you could say I'm now a QE on the St. Johns River checking the quality of the fish I catch. Of course, that's why they call it "fishing" not "catching" and I don't have to do much quality inspecting.

LightChaser

Newly Enlightened
I voted for other - as my sig says, I'm a photographer.

My flashlights are nowhere near as powerful as my strobes, but they see use as pointing devices, focusing aids (dark rooms make auto-focus very difficult), and sometimes as props. They've also lit up some images - usually long exposures.

scout24

Flashaholic
Mechanic- 16 years building, repairing and maintaining a fleet of Police cars and some other town vehicles after four years in the United States Army, including six months in Desert Storm, '89-'90. Lots of everyday use of flashlights, though some of my co-workers and officers think I'm a bit over prepared... :D

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
5 years in the US Army, I am 15 years away from retirement and i'm just 23...I retire the day my daughter gets her license. I can't believe more people don't join, you'll never know true comraderie until you've been in the service

I love my surefires and my quarks (anyone remember Quark from Star Trek Deep Space Nine? Intergalactic bartender....awesome)

Last edited:

Aircraft800

Flashlight Enthusiast
5 years in the US Army, I am 15 years away from retirement and i'm just 23...I retire the day my daughter gets her license. I can't believe more people don't join, you'll never know true comraderie until you've been in the service

I love my surefires and my quarks (anyone remember Quark from Star Trek Deep Space Nine? Intergalactic bartender....awesome)

Nice to hear from you!!

Aircraft Mechanic (if my user-name didn't give it away) Always need a good light on 3rd shift to see what your inspecting.

bonvivantmike

Enlightened
Part-time EMT in an ER, CPR/First Aid/EMT skills instructor, and nursing student. Oldest student in my class (I think) at 45.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
13 Years Air Force "Ammo Troop" (aka Ordinance)

"Providing the Enemy the Oppurtunity to Die for his Country"

Remeber...IYAAYAS!!!

csa

Enlightened
Yeah, not a lot of options there for the computer/IT/programmer types, so I selected engineer.