• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTB Quark RGB

Cpt. Thomas

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a modded Quark RGB. Prefer a neutral but wil consider a cool white version with I.R. emitter replacing the green L.E.D. or parts to do the mod (I.R. & host light). Post & PM please
thumbsup.gif

Cpt. Thomas

Last edited:

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not to rain on this thread or anything, but this isn't an emitter swap, this is LED surgery you're hoping for, and I suspect you won't be getting it.

I hope I'm not repeating something you don't know, but the Quark RGB gets its four colours from four separate dice in the one package (the MC-E). As such, while swapping emitters is relatively easy, swapping a die is for all intents and purposes impossible to do without damaging something.

Linger

Flashlight Enthusiast
Impossible to mod rgb cree to become an IR emitter.
(Just to clarify what Th232 hinted at.) It's a great idea and many have questioned why Cree didn't choose more appropriate dies (white, red, blue, UV) Your thinking is bang-on CT, just lacking knowledge that the quark light uses a single emitter and the emitter cannot be dis-assemble/re-assembled.

*if cost were no issue, the driver from the Quark (with 4 channels for 4 colours) could make a great driver for a quad emitter light. For example:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/265294
a 4 emitter board, individually addressable dies, *might* be connected to a salvaged quark RGB driver to make a customized light with 4 outputs. The salvaged quark head could be re-built with new emitter and new driver board.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
RGBW is excellent for specialized lighting purposes such as LED-based displays.

The RGB already comes in neutral white and cool white variants.

If IR is important in an LED flashlight, consider a Surefire V2 Vampire.

Cpt. Thomas

Newly Enlightened
Well crap......:mecry:Do to my ignorance on the construction, thinking it was seperate LED's and could swap the green one out, I guess I'm stuck with a three ligt issue. So much for keeping lite weight and moving fast? I'm active duty and have to have I.R.

Thanks for the info guys and helping to educate a noobie :(. Quark doesnt have an I.R. filter so I quess I'm hosed unless I carry several lights. One for throw, one for I.R. and one for general close up flood / blue for blood / red for night vision, green is a waste... RGB.

Anyone want to venture if I could have this done?

Thanks fellas!

Cpt. Thomas

carrot

Flashaholic
Streamlight Sidewinder and Energizer Hard Case Tactical and Surefire K2 Kroma MS are all options for you.

They all offer white, red, blue, and IR. I think they all have green or yellow-green but I don't remember.

Cpt. Thomas

Newly Enlightened
Streamlight Sidewinder and Energizer Hard Case Tactical and Surefire K2 Kroma MS are all options for you.

They all offer white, red, blue, and IR. I think they all have green or yellow-green but I don't remember.

Thanks carrot, but the Streamlight doesn't hold up very long under desert use. Not sure about the Energizer but I suspect the same. The Army is hard on equipment and plastic doesn't fair well. The Surefire is over $350, I don't think I can justify that either...... Maybe 4SEVENS / QUARK is reading this post?

Cpt. Thomas

carrot

Flashaholic
Hi Cpt. Thomas, as you are enlisted, the Kroma can be had for a good deal less. Ask SF about military pricing.