Can't access flashlight vendors at work. Ahhhh !!!!

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
My company has fitted a new web filter that is blocking my access to most websites that sell lights. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Places like the photonshop, lumapower, bugoutgear, lighthound, etc… are all blocked because they are coming under the category of " Weapons". I don't know what it's using as a filter but I'm guessing that most of these sites have "weapon/gun mounts" or such like in the pages. I can't do any shopping or browsing at lunchtime now. I fear it may not be long till CPF is blocked as well…..

PolarBearX

Newly Enlightened
just tell IT you have a business-need for those sites and to unblock them :naughty:

PBX

Kestrel

Flashaholic
If they add "self-defense" to the filters, maybe you'll lose CPF as well, due to all the fine threads we get each and every week about "a good flashlight for self-defense". :sick2::sick2::sick2::sick2::sick2:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Funny thing with my work is sometimes I can get there through the backdoor.
www.bugoutgearusa.com ? Denied:thumbsdow

http://blackforce.stores.yahoo.net/ ? Accepted:twothumbs

That works. Well, that's one site sorted. Thanks.

just tell IT you have a business-need for those sites and to unblock them :naughty:

PBX
Tried that, didn't get away with it. They know me too well as "The Torch Guy"

I suppose now in the UK flashlights are now weapons? :thumbsdow
American company, American servers, American filters. I think if it was left to the UK IT department they probably couldn't care less.