Need Flashlight for LE work (suggestions)

safetyobc

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I need a good light for law enforcement work. We are issued a Mag light rechargable but it doesn't seem to be bright enough for my needs.

I have looked at the DBS V3 but there are so many options I have no clue what to get.

I also looked at the Lumapower MRV SK v1.1.

I want a good throwing light. Something that will pierce tint (if that is possible). Something better than the mag light I was issued.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also links to where to buy these items would help me a lot.

I will need batteries and charger as well.

Thank you,

Matt

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
Matt, you are going to be asked to narrow your search, price? size? battery type? ect. I currently use the Olight M30, 700 lumens on high. 3 settings with strobe (useless). I use the 2 18500 Aw battery setup. This light has worked very well so far. I also use the Jetbeam III M with my tac vest setup and its a very solid light also!!! I have used the pelican 7060 in the past also. All pelican products come with a Lifetime warranty. Surefire has sent feelers out about a stinger type rechargeable which would be great but will be years off. Surefire 6p with a malkoff dropin (m60,m61) is popular as well. It all depends on if you want a belt light or a mag size light.

Last edited: